Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaBigKahuna said:
Geez I could do a whole thread on this myself.

I have;

1926 T roadster
1964 VW Notchback
1967 VW Beetle
1971 Chevy C-10
1982 BMW 320i (my DD)
2000 BMW 328i (wife's DD)

I believe the name of the thread is SHOW us your cars. :wink:

My 83 Chevy pick up
20120905_192847.jpg

20120905_192927.jpg

2011-09-04133147.jpg

yoothgeye said:
One of 8 left and VERY clean, I love it. You are the master of wagons!

Thanks!

Yeah, it's probably in better nick than the one that got destroyed in Germany. I still can't believe I found such a rare beast again.
It's a '94, so it is one year older than the one we had. But it has only 90k mls on the clock.

Interestingly, the much overhyped MI16 is still quite abundant in comparison:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/peugeot_405_mi_16v

Turtlesixfour said:
Baron von Zach said:
alan67 said:
Are you going to slam the Lada Zach? 8)

I wouldn't slam any car.
Why not? Stock is for selling, custom is for riding! Car or bike alike!

Bike, yes. See motorcycle thread. But I like my road cars bone stock. I like customs and rods, but it is not what I want to do with my cars.
However, I prepared countless cars for motorsports in my life, the latest one a 1954 Studebaker Coupe that's currently being tested in Mexico...
I also co-campaign a Top Fuel Funnycar and I'm building two new BriSCA F1 Stockcars for next season. My concept of hot rodding, sorry.

Turtlesixfour said:
I would be more than happy to "test" that '54 Stude out for you in the US! Is it slammed? Lol!

It's slammed alright. In fact, I built a complete new chassis and only the body panels are Studebaker. No worries, it was a total wreck when I got it. The frame and floor of the car had become one with nature.

It's got a Mustang II front suspension, Wilwood four link back axle, and is powerd by a 525CI Potter Automotive Cadillac through a straight cut Doug Nash 5-speed box and it has Brembos all round. On first trial runs here in England, it reached speeds in excess of 210mph with 2.41/1 rear axle gearing. Since then I put a limiter at 5500rpm and jetted it for a richer mixture to allow for the lower grade fuel available in the Americas. We also ran it on 85% Ethanol just to see whether it will work with the significantly higher Ethanol content in the petrol over there. Even restricted like that, it still does 190+ flat out. I made a few aerodynamic improvements so it is fairly stable at those speeds now (i.e. it actually doesn't take off). It's currently being dialled in in Mexico and final preparations are done over there, so it can participate in this year's La Carrera. Tyres seem to be an issue still. It's also getting painted over there, since this is one thing I can't do myself, and it costs a fortune having it done in England. The Mexicans do superb work and charge considerably less.

stud22.jpg

stud23.jpg

stud24.jpg

stud25.jpg

stud26.jpg

stud27.jpg

stud28.jpg

stud29.jpg

stud30.jpg

stud31.jpg

stud33.jpg

stud35.jpg

stud36.jpg

stud32.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Baron von Zach said:
The Mexicans do superb work and charge considerably less.

A lot of people could learn from this statement what is wrong in our countries.

My experience so far is that Mexicans are honest people that are not afraid of getting up in the morning and put in a day's work. They are enslaved by pretty much the same mechanisms as you and I, it just hit them harder. Their family values are second to none and they know how to celebrate when celebrations are due. Just my opinion.

Now whatcha think of what I did to that Studebaker wreck?

yoothgeye said:
Baron von Zach said:
Now whatcha think of what I did to that Studebaker wreck?

Looks great, how are you involved with that car, hobby or work?

I have a full time occupaton, would you believe it now?

I started building that thing just because I couldn't watch it rotting away in a soggy meadow anymore. I don't know how you feel about those things, but I just can't do it any different.
So I started tinkering away in my workshop and teh bills kept piling up, what with all teh stuf I had shipped over from the States and all teh materials I bought around here.
Then along came those guys, you know, they are Polish,and they run a car garage here, and they do some work for me occasionally, and they are doing those drift cars and stuff.
They saw that 'baker in me garage and instantly said: This must go on teh La Carrera over ther ein Mexico.

I said fine, but who is going to pay for that?

They said: We do, why?

So basically they are going to race that thing over in Mexico and I'm .... proud that it is I who built it. I'm not going to see a bleedin penny profit, but that doesn't count, does it? I can't even afford to go to Mexico and see that thing run there. But I got the whole .... started and that counts. Dig?

Latest posts

Back