Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ezernut9mm said:
nice truck!

:) Thanks "ezernut9mm" actually tried to buy a truck like yours a while back , found a dude here in town that says he had 4 of them but he would'nt let go of one ! :? after lookin at numerous trucks ended up with the f-250 and love it ! here's a pic of my last ford "69" f-250 crew cab short bed sold it two years ago
sure miss it ,
bigblue.jpg

here'a my "65" Impala SuperSport sold the same year that was a sweet ride !

0610091933a.jpg

crews are way cool and i really dig that imapla. i'm not much of a chevy fan, but i really like that body style.

connor said:
outskirtscustoms said:
That is probably the cleanest old Merc I have seen. Most around here are rusted away.

no unforninatly we had to part it out because of the rust :(

That's unfortunate, I had a 1978 Merc 240D Diesel that I bought out of a lady's front yard for $300. Put a new battery and glow plugs in it and it ran great. Had 380,000 miles when I bought it and after rolling the odometer and probably another 100,000 miles more after it quit working I finally had to drive it to the scrapyard due to rust. It still ran great and got 40-45 MPG but the rust had taken it's toll, I went over the scales and hit the speed bump on the other side a little hard and the rear suspension went up through the trunk, then it would NOT shut off (rear end crushed the vacuum ballast) It was a fighter till the end. God I miss that car. :(

Got the GTI back a few weeks ago, finally got around to taking some pics. I still need to install the red GTI badge on the front and the matching rear black emblem, GTI rear badge and red T on the 1.8 T.

Here's the before:
DSCF3230.jpg

After:
DSCF3404.jpg

DSCF3407.jpg

the new Halos:
DSCF3381.jpg

It turned out really nice, it really updated the look without going too 'boy racer'.

Well, gonna take the girls out to take some ice cream!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sold my full size GMC a month or so ago and picked this Colorado up a couple weeks ago. 2007 model, 3700 5-cylinder, 72,000 miles, truck is actually really quick for what it is, it gets pretty good gas mileage as well. Lowsy job and crappy economy got me on a budget. :?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It has been a while since i've posted here, but another picture (or two) of my fantastic car. This is basically what i've been trying to keep up with, and its making me go broke! Just put in new Catalytic convertors. Car was barely running for a while, replaced everything i probably didn't need to, and then finalized with Convertors, car runs like new now.

New Magnaflow Cats
2ac19d97.jpg

In my friend's shop:
30af9d57.jpg

Under the car, next thing up (when I get a job) is a cat-back exhaust system
fa6f0101.jpg

Removed Cats (video for fun)

The old cats innards:
c1bd926e.jpg

ca8205ac.jpg

This is only a fraction of the honeycomb that came out. My trunk ended up being full of this stuff. These were toast.
3 were empty. Only got $50 for them.

that caddy is so boss. do they sell lowering kits for those tanks, or do you fab that stuff yourself?

Jboss said:
ezernut9mm said:
that caddy is so boss. do they sell lowering kits for those tanks, or do you fab that stuff yourself?

I put Air Ride in it and they didnt have a kit when I did it. But they do now!!

f'in killer. i hope you got a fair price. that car is my only true gm dream. fomoco by blood here and love the slab sided lincolns, but would do some really bad things for a "slick black cadillac". lol i did own a 66 sedan deville though nowhere as coll as that.

That '59 is sweet. I love old caddys, I still miss mine (Had to sell due to gas prices). I've owned a '74 Eldorado convertible (Rode like a land yacht) and a '58 Hearse with '59 quarter panels (Customized in my auto body class back in high school). Still miss them both. :cry:

Latest posts

Back