Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my classic '77 Bronco. Runs & drives great. I put a new 2.5" suspension lift on it, Bilstein shocks, flares, Mickey Thompson Challenger wheels (which took about 5 yrs to find), BFG KM2 tires, and a few other goodies haha!
nygaza4e.jpg
muru8e2e.jpg
8a6u3ety.jpg
eduqarer.jpg

I know what you mean , I had a chance to buy a 58 El Camino for 350
And didn't Because I had no place to park it ! Man I Regret that one ,
The only thing wrong with it was the trans was slipping !

~RafaeL~
Are you sure it was a 1958? I thought the El Camino came out in '59.

Not mine but, it is my birth year.
In my profession I get to inspect old vehicles for prospective buyers that need to know conditions of same.
Looked at this one the other day.
1956 Packard 400. Had been repainted but, done tastefully many years ago.
All original parts with the exception of the on the column "Electronic push-button Ultramatic wand" controlled transmission shifter which had been removed. Poor design for its time and often was removed as.I undertsand it.
Still a gorgeous style of a tank of a luxury car with the V8 374cu engine.
You got to love all this chrome!!
Exhaust ports incorporated in the rear bumper too.
It was hard trying to find the flaws in this one.

I do love my job with all that I get to play with.

aru4yguh.jpg

jy6uvera.jpg

jy4yhyty.jpg

5eveje4e.jpg
That would be my dream job. Get to look at classic cars all day and get paid to do it. They need to fire my guidance counselor.

This is one of my daily drivers. 1972 Nova. It's also the newest car I own. I'm not a fan of progress.

This is my other daily driver. It's a '54 Ford Customline.

This is what I drove in high school. '79 Monza Spyder.

This is my '56 Lincoln Premiere.

And this is what my driveway looks like. I need a garage!!

Nice!

This is my car, a '73 Lemans
Its a 350cui 2 bbl and ive had it for about 7 years now, its my first US car (i'm from the Netherlands) and i love to drive it!
It used to be my daily driver but about 2 years i bought a crappy car.for daily driving and hauling bikes and other stuff:D
hy6a9ate.jpg

e7u9yqu9.jpg

Frank

Customize!

Nice Lemans, you can probably fit 3 bikes in the trunk and still close the lid. Ah back when cars were more than a plastic shoebox.

Just realized I have yet to add my current work in progress to this thread, my 1980 Dodge B-100 van. Found it in a garage with 38,432 original miles.
IMG_2674.jpg

I want a Bronco like that.

The Bronco bug is baaaaad!! I've had it for a good 10 yrs...although not so much anymore. Through a series of a few buys/sells, luck & time spent, I was able to own this 77 for free. Classicbroncos dot com is the place to go if you want to take the Early Bronco plunge.

I love Broncos but finding one that's rust free and under $10K is tough. I'd love to find another International Scout like I had with the removable hardtop. 304 V8 had plenty of torque and with 4x4 and granny gear it was a beast.

I love Broncos but finding one that's rust free and under $10K is tough. I'd love to find another International Scout like I had with the removable hardtop. 304 V8 had plenty of torque and with 4x4 and granny gear it was a beast.
I tried not to post....but,
I hate I.H. 304s!
Rebuilt like 5-6, had an issue with every one! But a chebbie will fit right in there!

So I was out cruisen around my hood and remembered, a guy down the road with a Ford F truck, and an angle grinder. Always struck me funny guys that remove paint with one! So I went by there, look what I found!
20140609_191556_zps324088d8.jpg

Yes, that is a 1 ton axle, a Dana. Yup it's a big block 460.
I am really in like...
20140609_191528_zps95d913d5.jpg

Now that is patina!

Last edited:
I tried not to post....but,
I hate I.H. 304s!
Rebuilt like 5-6, had an issue with every one! But a chebbie will fit right in there!

I can relate, I have rebuilt quite a number of International motors over the years including a 266, few 304's, a slant 4 cyl scout motor (304 with half the engine missing), and a twin turbo V8 diesel from a tractor. They are quirky motors and so many people over rev them and blow them up. Most modern engines will rev to 8,000-9,000 no problem, Internationals anything over 6,000 and you're asking for trouble. Thing I like is a 304 is a low end torque monster, which is great for off road and pulling. Pair that with the granny gear and a truck that weighs as much as 3 modern trucks and it's like driving a tank (my 1200 pickup weighed in at 6,800 lbs EMPTY), 0-60 in 2 weeks but you could pull about anything that you could hook it to. I've had several IH's over the years Scout, Scout 2, 1100 and 1200 series pickups, a travel-all, a Super M tractor, even an old rusty combine that a neighbor gave me. Living on a farm in Windfall I grew up with Internationals.

Last edited:
Another not mine....drug dealer / DEA seizure.
Viper
Was supposed to inspect it but there were no keys yet.
Hopefully I get to do my scheduled inspection including a test drive.
uda8ury8.jpg

se9y4e6y.jpg

6uma9yzu.jpg

Buddy is building this nova. Should run 9ish seconds in the 1/4

Back