Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you're more experienced than I am with it, having actually owned one in your life, so I'll take your word for that. I've just been used to EFI cars all having the injectors in the manifolds. Now with a diesel on the other hand, they would most likely be in the heads, with direct injection.

jonvo4591 said:
you're more experienced than I am with it, having actually owned one in your life, so I'll take your word for that. I've just been used to EFI cars all having the injectors in the manifolds. Now with a diesel on the other hand, they would most likely be in the heads, with direct injection.
Yeah I've worked on a lot of diesels, I've only owned one gold that wasn't a diesel and I don't remember where the injectors were as long as it started I didn't care....lol

I just joined and found a section for my other passion, old cars.
Here's my other projects, '70 Boss Mustang vintage race car, '68 Mustang, and '76 Porsche Turbo.
Paul

DSC01919.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

clexton1 said:
I just joined and found a section for my other passion, old cars.
Here's my other projects, '70 Boss Mustang vintage race car, '68 Mustang, and '76 Porsche Turbo.
Paul

DSC01919.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

Welcome to the forum and might I say that '70 Mustang is sweet. Love the exhaust. My first car was a '70 Mach one so those hold a special place in my heart.

This thread needed to get back on topic, lol.

My fave of the three would have to be the Porsche, but I do like that first stang a lot with the whole racecar look it's got going on.

And to me I like all vehicles doesn't matter weather it's a rat rod, hot rod, classic, off roader, lowrider, or muscle car. I like them all.

frameteam2003 said:
It's a repaint---headliner--doors panels ---carpet redone---rest original
Very nice. It's a beauty.

ill have to get pics of my truck, ive been doing some bodywork on it, got the whole front clip straightened out(replaced the fenders, was cheaper and easier just to buy better ones) :D

'74 gremlin x, my first car and i still own it, my dad and i built in high school, still runs but no time or money to make it drivable currently. 304v8, 3.73 gears with a posi, toqueflite 727 tranny, b&m ratchet shifter, ran 8.90's in 1/8th mile last time i had it out.
IMG_0110.jpg

my dads 64 lemans thats been completely gone through and now has a 455/700r4/full global west suspension, it is one bad ride that he is nice enough to let me take out
P1010474.jpg

my good friend and old neighbors '40 mercury custom, air ride, 500 caddy big block, he chopped it, pancaked the hood, and did everything beside the upolstrey in his driveway/garage
Mike40Mecr.jpg

my dads next project and all time dream car 63 jaguar xke, not at all my style but after he got it and seeing what all it was, that car was so far ahead of its time, dohv straight 6, 275hp, 180mph car.
8ea1df1d.jpg

d0970c08.jpg

my white 4runner and its red parts truck that i just sold a fe wmonths ago
P1010801.jpg

and in the background is my daily driver, 1998 toyota t100, the pre tundra truck, nearing 200,000miles and runs great.
51d960c0.jpg

My 1984 suzuki gs1100, my next project...
82fd5d2e.jpg

BillyOlds said:
my good friend and old neighbors '40 mercury custom, air ride, 500 caddy big block, he chopped it, pancaked the hood, and did everything beside the upolstrey in his driveway/garage
Mike40Mecr.jpg
nice merc and it looks like your buddy knew who matranga was :mrgreen:
P2130309-vi.jpg

P4130061-vi.jpg

sensor,
id say your right about that! thanks for the post, ive never heard of that but just made google get me up to speed, very cool. my buddy has built alot of stuff over the years ive known him, none are less than cool. Everytime i see his merc something new impresses me. It has a/c and a full sound system that are both completly hidden inside, the dash looks like it came out of the 40's and the only way youd know he had ac was to pop the hood. fun stuff and inspiring to say the least. I will hopefully be painting a few of my bicycles with him soon :mrgreen:

Outskirt, gremlins are so fun, everyone has a gremlin story mainly from high school...i have one and i graduated in 2004! There was also a gremlin gt, man would i love to score one, very cool looking, id run a front bumper on it then.

BillyOlds said:
sensor,
id say your right about that! thanks for the post, ive never heard of that but just made google get me up to speed, very cool. my buddy has built alot of stuff over the years ive known him, none are less than cool. Everytime i see his merc something new impresses me. It has a/c and a full sound system that are both completly hidden inside, the dash looks like it came out of the 40's and the only way youd know he had ac was to pop the hood. fun stuff and inspiring to say the least. I will hopefully be painting a few of my bicycles with him soon :mrgreen:

Outskirt, gremlins are so fun, everyone has a gremlin story mainly from high school...i have one and i graduated in 2004! There was also a gremlin gt, man would i love to score one, very cool looking, id run a front bumper on it then.

Yeah I graduated in '05 and I drove my uncle's X more than he did ! Handled great too. The power to weight ratio was just about perfect and if you stomp on it it'd nicely just slide the rear around corners......Scared the stuff out of my uncle the first time I did that. I wouldn't mind finding one myself now........Along with about a thousand other cool cars...lol :mrgreen:

Back