Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2006 VW GLI

ajbbs-1.jpg

65 Fairlane. I was stationed in Milton, FL where the local cops loved to give tickets to the Navy people. I never had a problem, they thought I was a local driving this.

zpjlf.jpg

My sister blew thru a divorce in '77 and got the ex-hubby's
'57 2 dr. Belair hardtop as compensation. I just got my license around then and bought a '68 Beetle w/ an auto stick. Sis and I arranged a trade and I got the five seven. It had a 283/2 bbl/auto. I tried to restore her to original but just couldn't do it. Wound up trading it for a ''74 Ford LTD Brougham 4 dr.. Funny thing is, at the time, my Dad had a '72 Ford Gran Torino 4 dr.!! Me, this snot-nosed 17 year old had a nicer ride than his Pop! God love him, he never made it an issue.

Sadly, both cars are long gone...

BTW, that yellow car in the background was Mr. Young's '70-sometning Pontiac. He was a Pontiac man and bought his son a black '70 GTO whne he graduated HS. Mr. Young still resides in that house alone. after his wife passed, at 90+ years old.

Spin

2015rat0001-19.jpg

spinman said:
My sister blew thru a divorce in '77 and got the ex-hubby's '57 2 dr. Belair hardtop as compensation.
2015rat0001-19.jpg
sounds like grounds for justifiable homicide! :lol:

Stunning valver!

I've promised myself I'll get one, someday.

If you ever want to exchange any euro parts for US stock, give me a shout. I know loads of guys here that would pay a fortune for US parts.

Jon

Hahaha! A polo?! You have to be joking!

The older Polo's are really badly made and horrible to drive (unless it's a G40). And the newer Polo's are just boring!

A friend of mine used to own this...
HPIM2286.jpg

It looked quite cool, but was a heap of junk, give me a golf anyday!

def a Mk 1 Polo....not too many around my neck of the woods and would be a nice addition to the collection. Unless you can find me a nice K70.

I got this at an auction 10 years ago, last week i started it up, it hadn't run since 1969. The poor old car was parked in a barn for 30 years before I bought it . 1965 Fiat 1100 was driven by two girls in high school 1968-69, they slid on some ice with it and banged up the front end, it was parked in the barn until 1999.
4dorfiat.jpg

It does need a bath 40 years of dust

65fiat2.jpg

39K miles on it 4 speed on the tree

65fiat3.jpg

I found a empty beer bottle under the seat , the seats fold down, naughty girls.

JonTheGun said:
Wow, you lot have some stunning cars!

Here's my latest project...

8-6.jpg

nice golf there, the estates are just screaming for tweeking

and lay off the polo's the 6n aint no more boring than a golf 3 (gotta a polo fanboy here :lol: )

Heres one of my vettes the red one is a 79, all original, 60,xxx miles 3rd owner. My other one is my 84 project car, it will be getting an ecotec and a colorado tranny, it's nothing to look at right now.
SU1HMDAxNTIuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDAxNTAuanBn.jpg

Heres my family's cars

my Dads '88 Suburban
0326091814.jpg

my Moms '94 Caprice wagon, and its got the LT1
zevagon-1.jpg

My ugly '78 Blazer, i love this truck though. I've recent painted the top black and its got a bumper on it now
SANY1148.jpg

And my Dads '66 chevy stepside, he's had this truck since he was 16, he's been rebuilding it for years now
TruckPics002.jpg

Back