Show off those Schwinn Krates!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few sold a few but have always kept this one my wife purchased for my Birthday about 20 years ago, all OG.

I tried to edit my thread to fix my title but can not figure out how to do so.

I tried to edit my thread to fix my title but can not figure out how to do so.
Up the top, above the first post on the right hand side, "thread tools" ;)

Luke.

7-speed BFK

BFKwheeldisk003_zps73a086aa.jpg

Last edited:
The background isn't as pretty as everyone else's but here are a couple of mine

Apple Krate is mostly all original. Aftermarket rear tire, and strange rack I fabbed mounts for on the front.

Cotton Picker original paint frame. Guard is a repaint I did and seat recovered by me. Wrong rear wheel, but they sure are fun to ride.

Here's my 1969 Apple Krate
1970StingrayBlue021_zps17cc5c5f.jpg

Hey, dudes! Thought I better get over here and show some face. Been busy lately, and been missing all my friends from Railrider's site.
So here's my first post here for quite a spell and my 1973 Orange Krate to go along with it.

3f83d1a3-98e0-4fbd-97e3-33240a3cfc76_zps8f6df9e8.jpg
Wow, thats nice! Two mirrors huh, very cool!

Thanks, Irocit. The mirrors are repops, but since I spent so much money gettin' her finished up, I thought I should be able to get away with the mirrors being the only repop things on the bike. Really like all the Krates here. They are super kool looking. Hey, Railrider, nice score on the Cotton Picker.

Nice bikes guys!

That Cotton Picker post before Chicago Muscle Guy is one year old, this thread is an old one.

Thanks, Irocit. The mirrors are repops, but since I spent so much money gettin' her finished up, I thought I should be able to get away with the mirrors being the only repop things on the bike. Really like all the Krates here. They are super kool looking. Hey, Railrider, nice score on the Cotton Picker.
I heard it's hard to tell the difference between the originals anyway. I would assume they look better because they're newer. I've seen them for sale and they're still not cheap, I'd like to pick one up at some point, I kinda need one.

Back