Show me your Trek Classic Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, those are mine. I called a Trek dealer several years ago when I was looking for one. They reported that Trek had a pile of unsold Rail CNCs in a warehouse and the best price I could get then was $800. Down from the $1100+ retail. But that was 7, 8, 9 years ago. I got mine via ebay for a lot less from a Long Island seller. Who knows, it might be worth checking with your local Trek dealer.

Rick
You bet good deal I read some where they only made 200 of the cnc rail . I was looking for a trek Sawyer a little while back there were none hiding in any where houses . That would be a good one to add to your collection! I'll check with my local dealer on the cnc rail .[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5166a072a16c7621b839d527cb8ae1af.jpg
5706f235e58915bea9f62b9ad6b0aa13.jpg
6d64376af10e5c172d56e9b63efdca4f.jpg

Got the wheels done , rear is a 32 spoke velosteel coaster hub.
Front hub is an old wtb grease guard hub , both laced to shiny spank disc specific hoops .
Still to come are the cranks , I'm in the beginning stages of polishing some bontrager cranks . And some day I'll be painting the frame to a high gloss black .

Thanks, Dave!, appreciate it.
Your trek is a good liking bike - the nexus really makes it !
What else are you planning on it?

8395866dbac5e055312d0fbf0c0817c8.jpg
f493bef0c147a2f4e60b24be9d4ec31f.jpg

So, it's coming along parts wise, now with white industries polished single speed crank .
One day I'll paint - what colour? That's the big question!
Rides awesome , and is quite a comfy ride - I suppose it is a cruiser after all.

Where did you get the rear hub at..?
Looking for one for some hoops that I have stashed away for a project that I have.
Nice cruiser by the way.!!

The hub came from eBay - from a seller in the UK- price and shipping were both reasonable.
Velosteel hubs come with choices , 28,32,36 hole drilling and a choice between a thread on cog or a shimano/ sturmey type .
Also the mechanism is different than shimano, and seem to have a cult like status .
So far the hub has been an excellent performer !

Back