Show me your fixed-gear cruisers...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20140222_121710.jpg

Mine.

Those are some nice rides, fellas.

I bought my first trackbike back in 2001, and rode the snot out of it for a few years. When I finally parted it out, it didn't take me long to get the fixed bug again, so when i built up a 29"r mtb, i ran v-brakes and a flip/flop hub. I used the freewheel side for trails, and the slightly higher-geared fixed side to ride to trails or for pub rides. The gearing was low enough for some of my flatter local trails, but I never got used to hopping logs without coasting. I'm real jealous of adept fgmtb ppl. I sold that bike a few years back.

I'm building my next fix around 26" balloon wheels/tires and a Worksman INB frame. I haven't seen many cruiser style fixed gear bikes, so I started this thread. For some reason, alot of RRB folks try to snob on fixed gear, which makes no sense at all. Real talk: fixed gear is as old school as any bike with pedals gets.

Those are some nice rides, fellas.

I bought my first trackbike back in 2001, and rode the snot out of it for a few years. When I finally parted it out, it didn't take me long to get the fixed bug again, so when i built up a 29"r mtb, i ran v-brakes and a flip/flop hub. I used the freewheel side for trails, and the slightly higher-geared fixed side to ride to trails or for pub rides. The gearing was low enough for some of my flatter local trails, but I never got used to hopping logs without coasting. I'm real jealous of adept fgmtb ppl. I sold that bike a few years back.

I'm building my next fix around 26" balloon wheels/tires and a Worksman INB frame. I haven't seen many cruiser style fixed gear bikes, so I started this thread. For some reason, alot of RRB folks try to snob on fixed gear, which makes no sense at all. Real talk: fixed gear is as old school as any bike with pedals gets.
Oh so true that the fix gear was here before coaster or freewheel.. Can't wait to see what your working on..

Just the way it is worded, building a bike with only Campy parts, just have to find the parts first...
Not trying to offend, just thought it was funny the way it came across...

Luke.

Just the way it is worded, building a bike with only Campy parts, just have to find the parts first...
Not trying to offend, just thought it was funny the way it came across...

Luke.
Hahah I just cought on to it.. LOL It did sound funny..LOL
No offence here Luke.. I was trying to figuer why it sounded funny..

That "all Campy parts...as soon as I can find'm" made me chuckle, too.

As soon as I get the spokes and my last order in, I'll start a build thread. It's gonna be fun. Nothing too extreme, but definitely not gonna suit everybody's tastes. =D

That "all Campy parts...as soon as I can find'm" made me chuckle, too.

As soon as I get the spokes and my last order in, I'll start a build thread. It's gonna be fun. Nothing too extreme, but definitely not gonna suit everybody's tastes. =D
Wierd thing is you never will suit everybody taste.. I've build some bikes and some people have givin me that look of "Why did you do that or why did you this or you could have done origenal" or they just move on. I don't care what people think of how I built bike(s). Reason is cuz there "mine". Period.!!
Don't like it then move on.. So yes not ALL people will agree to your build but who cares as long as you like it and ride it..

Latest posts

Back