SHOULD I START THE VOTING OVER?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I start the voting over?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
why would you do that? i do wish you could do away with the link to view the results before voting. but then again it would be unfair to the guy who is winning as well. it is sorta a catch 22 but i say let it fly, if all people want to do is vote for the winning bike then let them thats just how it goes i guess.

Rat Rod said:
1. Bike must be a kid's bike and have 20" wheels or smaller.
2. Bike cannot already be built before build off.
3. Must show progress pics in diary (build thread).
4. Build Off ends May 12th, 2008.
5. No prizes, no build restrictions, anything goes!

Have Fun! :D

I know that people have worked very hard on these great builds, but why all the seriousness about winning or losing? Rat Rodding/Kustomization seems to me to be as subjective as any other art form....beauty (or stimulation) is in the eye of the beholder. If we all start creating bikes to please our peers (or even worse, to please the MAJORITY of our peers) we will start making everything the same. Does this decline in originality sound familiar for any/all aspects of our society?? (woahhhh...that was serrious! :mrgreen: )

Ultimately (and I think that is what Steve was hinting at originally) the "winners" are the artists......and those of us lucky enough to witness the creative process in action. Lets enjoy those rewards.

I will say that I love the build offs, and even think that voting for your favorites can be fun.....let's just not forget the original intent.

Oh yeah,
LESSONS: READ RULES, MAKE A SCHEDULE, WRITE DOWN DEADLINES........and........ :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :( HAPPENS :wink:

well said i agree to be honest i dont really like build offs because there is always some one who gets their feeling hurt or this and that then tempers flair and for what? i wanted to win the annual bike build off once just to say i did but i would have been quite happy if i did not win as well. i think what it all boils down to is we have some newer members that really want to win but get a bit huffy if they don't win. there is nothing wrong with agrivation that is the name of the game but dont let it consume you. heck one of the reasons i got into suede cars was the sweet trophies that are built out of scrap parts then painted. come on how cool is that?

karfer67 said:
well said i agree to be honest i dont really like build offs because there is always some one who gets their feeling hurt or this and that then tempers flair and for what?
yeah as far as i knew this was fun until all this drama started happening(to be completely honest i could care less about the votes and trophy as long as my son likes his bike and sees that its possible to make something from nothing thats all i ever wanted)if you want spinman.... i still have no clue about the voting but... you can send it too whoever you chose(dont get me wrong its nice... but wasnt why i was in this)or change the lettering for the trophy build. sorry to see that all this came from something that was 'just for fun'.i know alot of people put alot of work and thought into this and some great bikes came out of it.....lets not forget why we all did this!
anyway i stayed out of this until now and now my $.01's been used up :roll:

The controversey is that not everyone had there completed bike submitted, and my heart goes out to those builders. We all put everything we have into our bikes. The outcome would NOT have changed! The top 3 bicycles would REMAIN the same, and justifiably so. I had something to look forward to for the last few months, and now it's over. That is my biggest disappointment, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the same. I've looked at ALL the finished bikes over and over, and EVERY single bike was a work of art. I for one am "proud" to say I was a part of this build off! My favorite part, go back and look at all the smiling faces of the kids that are "riding" these bikes! WOW! That's what it is all about! I say we should start a thread that shows NOTHING but smilin faces on "our" bikes. The ones that don't have pics GET EM! I'm not going to start it, because "ben's 55" has GOTTA be first!............. I can't wait to see sensors bike painted red someday :lol:

Back