shop trucks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kinds of shop trucks does everyone have? Ive been looking at a few trucks this week to use for hauling bikes and stuff, Im torn between a 66 ford f250 and a 90s chevy 4x4

If I had to choose, I would say go with the 66 Ford but the 90's era Chevy's are the bomb too. Here's my bike hauler. And it hauls! 06 Hemi Ram 2 wheel drive and dropped 2 inches in the front and 5 inches in the back. It's goin down another 2 in front and 1 in the back.

TruckPics007.jpg

Run far away from the Chevy! Those things rust like the dickens! :shock:

Nice truck, but dont need something that nice where i go to pick up stuff. Im thinking the 66 is going to be my choice if they still have it when i can get over to get it. and think it will look sweet with the cruisers im building for me and my wife.

Ive had plenty of rusted chevrolets over the years, I have always thought someone with a classic shop truck shows they stand out and dont want to be the cookie cutter type. tho having 4 wheel drive would be nice

Stand out? Maybe in California where the rust don't shine! But here, a rusted Chevy/GMC truck blends right in. Besides, if you are a custom shop, what do you want your image to be on?

This (they get worse around here):
4904719487_91eaf7d497.jpg

Or this:
66F250-LH_Rr.jpg

I'd go for the Ford, especially if it's a straight 6 under the hood. Chevys are good too though. My hauler is the most fuel efficient hauler in the world. Till I find (and can afford) a VW Rabbit truck with a diesel anyway.

P8100002.jpg

P7240071.jpg

dragnusa said:
Outskirts that would be an idea if all I did was pick up bikes but I also reclaim barns and old houses

Nice job!

Theres quite a bit of money to be made if the wood is salvageable. :D

Nice travelall! Those things are tanks! I had a '66 1200 series pickup. I loved it. What motor you got? Mine had a 304 with a 3 speed with granny gear. It pulled about anything you put behind it.

Thanks! She's got a 345 with a 4 speed. Last summer I got 15 mpg on a road trip from Boise Idaho to Beaumont Texas.
-j

big john said:
Thanks! She's got a 345 with a 4 speed. Last summer I got 15 mpg on a road trip from Boise Idaho to Beaumont Texas.
-j
That's pretty good considering my pickup weighed in at 6800 lbs, I can imagine the travellall weighs about as much as a small tank.

weighed my options and no matter how much I wanted the older cooler looking truck. I decided to get something I didnt have to travel so far to get. Im going to look at a 93 chevy 4x4 in a couple days thats alot closer to home

dragnusa said:
weighed my options and no matter how much I wanted the older cooler looking truck. I decided to get something I didnt have to travel so far to get. Im going to look at a 93 chevy 4x4 in a couple days thats alot closer to home

Still a good choice! Despite all the rust talk, if ya keep it em oil sprayed and wash it regularly, it will be a nice truck for a long time. I had a 98 Chevy with lots of salt covered road miles on it and not one rust spot. Plus, if ya need any parts for it, LMC Truck has everything for it minus the cab. Ya can't go wrong. Good luck!

finally getting around to posting a pic of the truck I got for a shop truck (well it was to be a hauling truck but my explorer crapped reverse 2 days before I bought the truck) so now its my daily driver. Its a 93 k1500 silverado its loaded for a half ton 4x4 truck it came with the 265/75 r16 tires, 350 motor and the tow package which was all upgrade stuff for this truck
mychevy.jpg

still waiting to go pick up my first load of bikes in it

Back