shipping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is best method for shipping you guys have found.I have some items for sale and priced them using flat rate boxes.Is there a cheaper way to ship?

If you have heavy stuff that fits the USPS flat rate boxes they are a good value, but some lighter stuff is cheaper to bag or box, weigh and pay regular 1st class.
Only you can decide.
BTW, dont re-use a flat rate box for anything but flat rate; if its in a flat rate box that is what you pay for. Since they are free, I keep a few at home to 'play my options' and actually know what fits.

Thanks,my wife sells on ebay so she has scales.I will look around and see if I can find some boxes and see if I can redo the shipping.

Federal Express just announced a rate hike yesterday. The cost of shipping sure hits this hobby hard. Selling an old badge for $5 and then having to charge another $5 to ship it really hurts. Gary

Yeah, just last night I heard if the USPS charged something like 65c for a first class stamp they could wipe out the 14+ BILLION dollars in the hole they are in JUST THIS YEAR!
We WILL be paying more, no matter who we ship with...... :cry: .

Bad part about 1st class is that the limit is 13 oz.

The bad part about Parcel Post is that you have to go to the PO and it costs nearly as much as a Flat Rate Box by the time you add confirmation.

The Good Part about 1st Class and Flat Rate is that you don't have to go to the PO.

+1 on what B607 sez.

a little trick i've done to ship parcel is to have 2 paypal accounts setup, then I make a payment to one account for $0.01 and with the address of the person I'm shipping to. Then I can print a label from paypal and not have to go to the PO or at least not have to wait in line.

...here's the US postage Rate Calculator page;...I use it all the time very accurate if you can get good weight and dimensions along with the zip you're sending to...
http://postcalc.usps.gov/

Latest posts

Back