shimano 333 shifter question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has probably been posted before. I have a shimano 333 3 speed hub with coaster brake and i need a new shift cable. Im not having much luck finding one at any lbs so i was wondering if a nexus 3 speed shifter would work? Isit indexed the same?

Just a cable and housing but a suicide shifter would be cool if it would work. I've only seen those for nexus 3 speeds

Yep, that question - or very similar ones - have been asked several times recently. You should be able to use a Nexus shifter with the 333 or vice versa. Or, if you're interested in a suicide or stick shift sort of thing, you could buy a Shimano Click Stick for the 333. They're on eBay all the time, both tall and short versions (tall shown below).

$(KGrHqVHJDcE8fRbZy4rBPLzHfYI+!~~60_3.JPG

FWIW, Linus Bikes is using a downtube shifter on their Gaston 3 and 5 models, but with a SA rewar hub. I have no idea if this is a click/indexed shifter or friction, but it is not the old, bartop or twistgrip! It may make a good basis for mods........

Latest posts

Back