Shimano 333 and matching 333 stick shift

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Soooo usually about once a month i make a trip out to a bike co op thats about a hour and a bit away ive got some cool older frames and so one from them for free since all they like to fix up is road bike :| i hate road bikes lol anyways back to the story... so for some reason they have all there coaster hubs stashed under a bench and they somewhat gotten to know me comin in now and then so the one girl let me look through them all... I found a Shimano hub marked 333 and a stickshift in a bag with what looks like all the parts and the knob on the end is white is like a "t" and says 333 also. Ive heard some people talk about them on here but whats there deale-o? what did they come on? is parts available? the hub seems to move fine etc but it is missing the chain or whatever goes into the hub. got it for what I think was a screamin deal but id like to get er fixed up and on something :)

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

They came on lots of muscle bikes. Huffy, Murray, CCM, Western Flyer, Rollfast, and more. They are good hubs and are pretty reliable. There is a rod that slides in to the axle hole and a fulcrum and lock nut that are used to push the rod inward to change gears. I have only had to repair one or two of them. It probably just needs to be oiled and it will work fine. I am sure someone on this site has the parts you need.

white trash said:
They came on lots of muscle bikes. Huffy, Murray, CCM, Western Flyer, Rollfast, and more. They are good hubs and are pretty reliable. There is a rod that slides in to the axle hole and a fulcrum and lock nut that are used to push the rod inward to change gears. I have only had to repair one or two of them. It probably just needs to be oiled and it will work fine. I am sure someone on this site has the parts you need.

Cool thanks what kind of oil do you use on them ? i guessing theres no replacement parts just used ones?

3N1 oil works okay. I have a good size bottle of bike oil I use. I would think sewing machine oil would be about the same thing. Almost any oil will work except veggie oil.

There are a lot of NOS parts for them still out there. I have seen NOS hubs go for less than some of the parts go for. I have no idea if they still make the parts or not,

30 weight motor oil works very well and is easy to find. I have an older shifter, a twist grip, and parts on my shimano 3 speed that work, it seems most of them shift the same way. I've also had the handlebar shifter on the same cable and wheel, works the same way. This isn't the greatest pic, but you see the part that pushes the pin in attached to the cable. The cable has a plastic stop up on the frame that you can also use to adjust it along with the nut where the cable attaches. That shift part on the axle has a small hole that you line up second gear with, aligning the circle (N) with the hole. As long as everything alse is snug, that will be the setting for all 3 gears.

29c3z49.jpg

i think the shimano coaster brake ones have the shifter on the brake side, like in the pic. my one coaster brake hub does, and the couple of non brake hubs i have, have it on the sprocket side.

Back