She's not a lady anymore.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend gave me this 10spd a few months ago. It had spent way to many years outside half buried in the mud. I robbed the wheels for another build awhile back, and have wanted to do something with it for awhile. I picked up a pair of single speed cruiser wheels last weekend, so I decided to do something with it. There is about 3 hours from the first picture, to the last picture. No welding has been done yet, just sleeved and pressed together. I'll weld it up over the weekend. Not sure what kind of handlebars I'll use, but I'm leaning towards drag bars. The seat will be moved back too.
The poor ol lady.

100_0715.jpg

Lady looks like a Dude now.

100_0717.jpg

Here's 2 more updated pics. I moved some stuff around. I think it flows better. I didn't do any welding on it yet. I spent most of the day pulling my 67 Bug out of a 6 year slumber. I can't beleive I've let it sit that long.
100_0725.jpg

100_0726.jpg

Dig that rake on the head tube! :D That's probably the best thing that could happen to one of those cheapo 10 speeds! That's typical of what I used to find on trash day as a kid. Thrashed dept. store specials... ~Adam

lol gray lock that is the rattiest most dangerous looking welder ive ever seen!!!

dean! that bike looks awesome man! definately a MAJOR improvement from the before picture. i cant wait to see how this transforms!!!

Easy E

LOVE IT!

you do have a little bit more trail than you need running a stock fork. you could curl it out a little, and you'd be even lower, and maybe even handle better. That is, as long as you still have the pedal clearance for it.

in any case, that is the best thing a person could do with one of those frames, good job

Back