She took the bronze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to appologize for not really having a before and after log of the project. My daughter ripped about fifteen keys off the keyboard of my laptop so it along with all my pics are out of commission for a bit. I've been working on this bike for a little while. It started as a free frame and fork from a local bike seller who was going to toss it. It is just a bigbox store bike, but it was free and I really liked the curves and length of the frame. It was a light blue pacific cruiser with horriable decals that wrapped around the length of the frame and fork. Heres my finished product. The color is duplicolor metallic bronze mist which I picked up for $1, a can. The chain guard and bars I picked up at the swap meet. The wheels/tires and seat came off a bike I picked up in Fl at a yard sale for $5. The rest of the parts were just ones I had at home. So all in all a pretty cheap build. I am pretty happy with the finished project, and she rides really nice.
cruiser002.jpg

cruiser003.jpg

cruiser008.jpg

cruiser007.jpg

Sweet and cheap!!!!
I have always liked the wave curve of the cantilever bars on those frames.
Nice job!

Very nice... can't wait until I accumulate enough stuff to throw a bike together. My parts pile is very small.

Back