Sept 8 So Cal Rat Rod Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
logo.jpg

Holy Cow, it seems like it's been forever since the last ride. But September is (almost) here, the season is winding down, and I'm looking forward to getting together for our last ride of the summer. (Next ride will be the first ride of the fall)
Later today I plan on starting a Facebook group for the So Cal Rat Rod Ride. That will give us a quick and easy spot to trade notes, discuss upcoming events, and all that kind of cool stuff.

Fookbace page for the So Cal Rat Rod Ride

In the mean time:

Saturday, September 8
Corner of Brookhurst st and Atlanta ave
Huntington beach.
Meet up around 11:00 am
Ride rolls around noon.

brkhstatlanta.jpg

John M

SWEET!!! Finally the ride is on a weekend I'll be off! Gotta finish up my Del Sol Rat for this one. It's rideable, but still needs a few finishing touches. I'll be there!!!

p.s.Facebook sux anyway

My weekend work schedule is up in the air. Often I don't know until a couple of days before if I'm working the weekend or not. We lost a guy in my dept. so the rest of us (me!) is being stretched thin... on the plus side it is all overtime which I usually only get offered once in a great while.

Ill be there with dirty harry and the red headed step child. Oh and my buddy too. (Cant ride 2 bikes @ once :D )

BUMP!!

Approximately how long is the ride? Trying to get my girl to go too, but she doesn't wanna kill herself out there. Should I lace up a 3spd, or should I be ok?

fordmike65 said:
Approximately how long is the ride? Trying to get my girl to go too, but she doesn't wanna kill herself out there. Should I lace up a 3spd, or should I be ok?

It's pretty darn flat outside of a couple of underpasses.

fordmike65 said:

Put Huntington Beach in google maps, and click to 1"=1mi. You'll see that it's about two miles from the starting point at Brookhurst and Atlanta to the beach path at Santa Ana River Jetties. From there it's another three miles or so to either Huntington or Newport pier. We go a little past the piers. The entire ride covers maybe 12-14 miles, and that includes a couple or three pit stops in each direction. We're in no hurry, and the slowest riders set the pace. Consider too, the mostly flat terrain and you have a pretty easy day of it. I've done the ride on my Spoiler, and the Spoiler is anything but a long distance bike. It's a piece of cake if you ride with any frequency. If you seldom ride at all it's a full day, but by no means exhausting or strenuous.
Look forward to seeing you.

John M

Thanks for all the info. I'm planning to ride my Del Sol, which is the smoothest and lightest of all my bikes. I've ridden with the Coasters a couple times now. That did me in,especially cuz I rode my Twin Bar after working on it 'til 3am...and drinking of course. I'm going through her Miss America right now so she can ride it for a bit before I tear her down for a complete resto. If I do run into any issues, she'll bring another one of her riders.

When is the next ride?
I will be in so cal on Oct 13 2012.
Last day of a Disneyland trip.
Is there any good rat rod bike shops near Disney ?

Back