Semi fresh what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone knows what this old girl is before I try to clean it up a bit. This came along with three other old bikes I picked up several years ago primarily to get a yet un-restored '40 something women's Schwinn skip tooth bike. There was also a Ross woman's bike and an old 10 speed in the mix. They've all been hanging around in the back of my shed waiting for some attention.

I was originally looking at cutting this up and making a semi rat out of it but it's pretty limited to skinny tires due to the rear stays/triangle. Someone decided to paint the old thing with red primer; wheels, tires, and all, at some point so I can't read the badges but they are simple decals so guessing it's not too old. It has a three piece crank and is likely a two speed hub but I haven't de-rusted anything enough to test. Front tire still holds air though :)

Now I'm thinking I'll do a simple "rusto" job and get it running / ride able again and just leave it at that. Anyone have a quick tip on what it is? I *may* be able to get the primer off the decals without killing the letter but haven't tired that yet.

Thanks for any input...
Stephen
6047e050a8c3c620f2800e0de849ca7b_zpswpscbrui.jpg

4dfdeaf786b9398886fcaf9aab592441_zpsgbbeggtf.jpg

Looks like a cheap import, probably German or Asian Rim. I seriously doubt it's worth anything beyond a couple of parts, or a drop at the drugstore beater.

Good deal, I won't feel any guilt if I do cut it up then. I still think I'll throw a tube in the back and a saddle on it and at least give it a "last ride" around the street or something.

Stephen

Back