Second build Western flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just finished building my first bike.
done2-1.jpg

I was getting a little itchy with my hands to build something else and I just stumbled across an identical bike let me know what you think but here is the plan.
The bike frame and forks are being powder coat bright red, and all the hardware is being powder coated a dark pearl grey including all of the spring hardware.
I am going to re-arrange the rat-cage springer to clearance the tire from the tire being behind the fork to in front of the fork and removing the trusses.
This bike did not come with a tank so i will be going a different route so the space where the tank should go will be completely filled with a solid piece of mahogany and stained with a polished stainless name plaque placed in the center.
I will be sticking with the black rims and the three speed internal hub as it makes it so easy to ride. The black rims are going to be wrapped with black rubber with a red cord.
I am think with this one I will go with some ape hangers.

I wish I would have remembered to take pictures before i took it to powder as soon as i get it back i will snap some photos to share.
Only pic i have pre-powder and its sporting the stainless steel extended bar which went on the blue bike to clearance it front tire
IMAG0617-1.jpg

thats it for now check back later for more pics and progress

Back