SEATTLES SHOW-N-SHINE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, ya head us talk about it.we have 2 teams building a bike each. Team-X and our own Monstermetal,Team Blacksmith. the build off started 8-10-08. the 2 bikes will be auction off and the proceeds will go to Kids at Risk Program.

A group called Renagane Muscle is putting on this event. the event will be on Sept.7,2008 at Goldies, 3824 Airport Way, Seattle,WA. opens at 10am. this will be a show-n-shine with a swapmeet. there is also an all day BBQ, with live music.prizes and awards will be given out by the Renagade Muscle Calender Girl's. ya all come,ya here.

I am posting a pic. of the first RRBB from the skid king build and pic's from the 2 teams which will be there builoff bikes and will post pic's as they progress with the builds. yes, i will also post the finnish bikes and the winner, along with the show-n-shine bikes. so sit back, relax, an enjoy.

First RRBB
bikebuild348.jpg

Team-X
bikebuild256.jpg

build2.jpg

build.jpg

Team Blacksmith
build21.jpg

ok thats it for now. as i get the pic's of the builds i will post. thank you an hope alot of you can come an party with us.

Outlaw :D

got some more pic's. this is from Team Blacksmith

this is some parts an the day he started the build

buildpics001.jpg

now into the build
buildpic004.jpg

buildpic003.jpg

buildpics017.jpg

buildpics013.jpg

buildpics020-1.jpg

buildpics019-1.jpg

buildpics022.jpg

buildpics019.jpg

this is team-X
bikebuild018.jpg

bikebuild020.jpg

thats it for now

Outlaw 8)

WOW! that's some very impessive work going on there. i'm loving the rear end, that just looks crazy!
this bike has got some serious hours into it.lot's of thinking too!
keep up the great work...i'll be keeping a close eye on this build.

sorry, can't tell ya all how things are going to work. stay tuned, as the builds progress an i get the pictures i'll post an you will all see what theses 2 teams are up to. yep, there will be alot of hours going into these bikes and they got till Sept.7 to get em done an to the show. we will be show casting this even as it developes. the build off an the show -n-shine.

Outlaw 8)

Well I see your starting to post, Great But the Team-x- opp's I sent you the 1st build off pics with the team -x
Sorry I will re-send the pictures to you,
Renagade Muscle.

cman said:
That rear springer is creative. How will the chain tension work?

Well if I cant figure out how to do a cool torsion spring tensioned arm then I'll just use a derailleur. I am going to limit the rear travel to about 1 .5 ".... It will actually travel about 4.5".... More than a lot of full suspension bikes

I have the front springer done now and an am moving on to the tins.... I really wish I could post pics about this stuff but the build off people ask me to keep it under wraps...
g kustom kuhl said:
WOW! that's some very impessive work going on there. i'm loving the rear end, that just looks crazy!
this bike has got some serious hours into it.lot's of thinking too!
keep up the great work...i'll be keeping a close eye on this build.

I actually started on the bike last Monday... So I am a full week into my build. And when I say full week I pretty much mean it... I would guess 80 hours or so thus far. Its much further along thou than what you can see in those pics..

A chain tension like on a single speed or a derailer will not work with a coaster brake. The tension will suck up and probably put the chain somewhere you dont want it to be.

MM.... Yeah I hadn't thought about the brake. Well I'll do some tests and see how much the chain is really going to grow. The pivot point is so far away from the bottom bracket that if it was allowed to travel through the full arch it would grow quite a bit. But limiting the travel to about an inch and a half I might be able to manage the chain. Worst case I'll swap out the hub for a free wheel and add a grab brake....

I thought about putting a floating sprocket in the chain.... Really doesn't add length but might keep the chain in the right plane during braking with a tentioner... Brake performance would probably suck due to lag

This stuff is all kind of new and I'm sure there are lots of details like that I'll have to work out down the road. Thats one reason I have been on a mad dash trying to get all the major parts of the bike built so I had some time to solve mechanical issues. Some things I could live with if it was my bike but since this thing is getting auctioned off I feel its got to be just about bulletproof.

that's the problem with building total kustom bikes/frames etc...you spend too many hours making/building
them and then have to spend that much more working out how /if it's all going to work! i can lose hours and hours
working things out when building. good luck!

the bike insane i am very jelious of the front springer. i thought of doing the rear springer as well on pay it back but did not want to cut the drop outs because of the no frame mod rule.

Yeah... I guess a few people have questioned me cutting off the drop outs. In my mind it was just a bracket. The frame geometry stayed the same, part of the drop out is still there, the frame tubes still live where they where born. I dunno. I'll be real bummed if I cant enter the bike because of chopping off the drop outs. I could have left the drop outs and done the exact same system, it just wouldn't have been as clean. Its really a drag since I only have the bike for another week before it gets turned over the the Seattle build off guys and auctioned off. At least the end of next week I can post some pictures and show how the bike is turning out... Chopping the drop outs is defiantly something I should have got clarification on prior to doing... To late to cry about it now....

I'll still post pic's even if its not "officially" able to compete in the build off..

Good to hear all the inquirys here and on the [email protected] web's but to let all you know,
Yes we had spoke about the rear drop out's and yes it will still be in the challenge, Yes we will start posting ether to day or starting tomorow,
Both teams have really done a great job keeping the build under rap's but it's time to let the public see their build as they compete for the 2008 Title of Custombike builder.
you can also look @ the my-space at [email protected] look under bike build 08
chat soon
Renagade Muscle.com

sorry to hijack this but.......
SKID KING!!!!!!!!!!! when are you going to post some photos of a bike YOUVE BUILT(w/o a team)? im just curious since ive never seen any of your work(and yeah i saw a link to myspace......but im not a member there and never plan on being one either!) so would ya do us a favor and post a picture of YOUR BIKE(S) YOUVE BUILT on this site?
(or someone post a picture of them for me.....and yeah i know theres 2 bikes that outlaw posted but have no clue as to which one skid king made :? )
thanks!

Ok fare enough I will post after this build,
I'm as of now building a Trike yes a Trandome three wheel three person Trike.
it's for the photographer his wife and the 1 year old , So I'll send it out after the build off.
if you see the pictures at the top of this post you will see my bikes and the rrbo1 bike aces and eights, five speed with side winder shifter,
So stay tooned I'll post.
Skid King....

Back