seat help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do i keep the seat of my sons bike from falling back when he sits on it? You can push it back done but not fun to ride like this?

If I understand what you mean; its tipping nose up when he puts weight or pressure at the back. This can be caused by the clamp too far forward, maybe you can reposition it to the back side of the seatpost?, The big problem is that after it does this a number of times, and it gets jerked back up without loosening the clamp, the teeth on the clamp pieces get rounded off and they just wont bite together anymore no matter how tight you crank that seatbolt.
Take the clamp pieces off and look them over, Ill bet you see they are rounded, then got down to the LBS and buy a new clampset and life will be good.

If you're using a clamp that has been overtightened, or the wrong size, you can run out of thread before it's tight. If this is what's happening, sometimes some thick washers can solve the problem. :|

Remove the 1/4" bolt and throw it away. Drill out the seat components to 3/8" if necessary. Buy a 3/8" bolt and nut and crank it down. It will never move. Gary

Back