Sears Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took this home on Saturday for my daughter. I needed a bike for her to grow in to. She really liked it so CeeBee and I struck a deal.

zyna7e3y.jpg

hezahy6e.jpg

pyzuvyge.jpg

u3ynuhe4.jpg

Thanks CeeBee

1918 Ranger

charliechaindrive said:
(Psst ranger; your bars are crooked)

Gotta love the old 24" muscle bikes 8)

Thanks but I believe it's optical elusion. I can't handle crooked bars and I think I'd caught that when riding it today a bit while adjust shift linkage.

1918 Ranger

The tube between the top and bottom bars, near the brake set up. It seems to be holding the gear line. Is that all it does is hold the line in place, or does it have another purpose?

CRASH said:
Nice! I've got a '69 in the que for restoration.

Any idea what year yours is?

I've got a '69 10-speed Spyder in the process of restoration right now...mine's the Murray built cantilever frame though as opposed to the Murray Spaceliner style...

1968longboy said:
The tube between the top and bottom bars, near the brake set up. It seems to be holding the gear line. Is that all it does is hold the line in place, or does it have another purpose?

It's called an "overload(?)" tube if I'm not mistaken,longboy...both ends of the shifter cable are connected to a spring inside the tube to prevent the "banging" of gears on too fast shifting...Pappy 8)

NICE

looks clean, too.

those are coming out of the woodwork lately, good to see em all.

Congrats to you and her :)

1968longboy said:
My Spyder did not have that "tube," but it shifts fine and I never "bang" the gears while shifting so I guess I'll be fine. :)

1918 Ranger said:
charliechaindrive said:

Thanks but I believe it's optical elusion. I can't handle crooked bars and I think I'd caught that when riding it today a bit while adjust shift linkage.

1918 Ranger
Uhhhh, no illusion there buddy, your bars are off. (In all three pics)

ilikebikes said:
1918 Ranger said:
charliechaindrive said:

1918 Ranger
Uhhhh, no illusion there buddy, your bars are off. (In all three pics)

I took a few more pics. The right angle does make it look off but when pic is lined up the bars are pretty straight to me. Bars have not been touched!!!

yqerupuj.jpg

Straight on pic
ysu2a3ab.jpg

qequvuza.jpg

Just saying

Thanks.

1918 Ranger

I still have my childhood one ( the gold one) it is one of my favorite bikes to ride. Have fun it looks like it is in great shape.

Latest posts

Back