Sears or Raleigh Fireball

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day Fellow Rat Rodders,

When I was significantly younger my parents purchased a bike for me that was a jewel and a prize until it was stolen. Recently I have rekindled a bike passion and, rightfully so, a rat rod bike passion. I am currently in the middle of a few projects that I will be sharing in the build section shortly as well. GREAT to discover and have recommended to me a forum such as this.

ANY way, the jewel was a two-tone maroon and silver metal flake banana seat bike with ape hangers and wicked, classic black mushroom grips. It was a Sears or a Raleigh "Fireball". On the chain guard was a kick ... decal depicting a tail pipe flamed up and the infamous word FIREBALL. I do recall it having a knobby rear and more slick front tire. It might have been Bridgestone, not entirely sure, but thus far my search has netted 1 mention of a Sears fireball as a frame being used for a Rat build.

I would really like to just see a picture, for nostalgic reminiscing of course, but if a directions to a bike complete, partial, complete, held for ransom, could be provided that would be outstanding.

Thank you in advance for any efforts undertaken on my behalf.

<~d0c~>

Did it look like this?
68-raleighfireball.jpg

I have a nicely toasted Raleigh Rodeo that has similar frame,two thin top bars brazed into the
steering tube like plumbing. English made with a 3spd rear.Needs alot of work but good start.
I could bring it to Dudley mass swap july 29, $60 ?..............Stevil

mos6502 said:
Did it look like this?
68-raleighfireball.jpg

Nope. No shifter, Seat style was a bit different definitely maroon and silver paint scheme coaster brakes and a single speed only.seems to me that it was early to mid 80's when that bike was in my possession. this.is.going.to.be.the.death.of.me. gahhhhhhh

<~d0c~>

mos6502 said:
Did it have a Chopper style frame then?
index.25.jpg

Think it had a cantilever style frame, not like depicted in that chopper advert. Wish the noodle wasn't scrambled, memory may serve me better.

Latest posts

Back