sears flightliner idenrtification help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just recently purchased a women's flightliner looking bicycle. i need help in determining whether or not it is an actual flightliner or another bike that just looks like one. are there any sure-fire distinguishing marks i should look for? any input would help. if needed i can post pics.

they were made by Murray who also made bikes for a bunch of other retailers, so ya if it doesnt say "sears" on it, then it might be a western auto or firestone of one of a dozen others.

If the rear dropout (brake side) is stamped "MOD 502", it's a Sears/JC Higgins Flightliner. The number after that will be the catalog #, and sometimes you can pin it down to a certain year or two. -Adam

you've all been extremely helpful! the dropout numbers are- 502(no "M") 62111 76720.

after cleaning it up a bit i found some sears decals, it has the cheesegrater sprocket and the pointed dropouts, so i'm fairly certain it is a flightliner. now if i could just pinpoint the year...

also etched on the coaster brake arm is "Kome A Super" if that means anything to anybody.

workin on pics, thanks a bunch everybody

Re: sears flightliner idenrtification help NOW WITH PICS!

_DSC0130.jpg

_DSC0129.jpg

_DSC0131.jpg

_DSC0132.jpg

_DSC0133.jpg

_DSC0134.jpg

I bet there's a 4 before the 6, might be faintly stamped. 46211 is the catalog # of a 1965 "Fully Equipped Midweight" model. Many of these weren't called Flightliners after 1964 or so. Still very similar though. The main difference is the twin top tubes were replaced by a single tube, that design continued unchanged into the 1980s! :shock: (And the stampings generally had an extra 0 or 1 at the end of the cat. #, as on yours.) -Adam

Back