SE Racing hub?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya or no...?
602a4702eaaa32956ce9ddcb7284402b.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Next question. Its a 28" wheel set. What bike did those come equipped with?

I'm assuming you are referring to 700c? Tough call...I know that the 29" quadangles ran those hubs...but they would have noticeably wider rims. The early pk ripper fixies, may have ran these hubs. Most of the 700c se bikes ran low flange hubs without cutouts...but, there is a lot of different models over many years with 700c wheels in the time frame of those hubs that they may have used them on. I've seen them mostly on the retro 20" PK Rippers, 26" OM flyers, & 29" quadangles, however.

It is possible that they just resemble se bubble hubs...but, they are 36 hole with 8 cutouts...seems like more than a coincidence. Do you have a pic of the center of the hub. Should look like a mohawk gt hub...

se-2012-complete-bikes-07.jpg

Canuckistanis used to call 700c rims 28" rims WBITD, but modern Canuckistani riders are hip to the 700c nomenclature....29" if it's fat 700c. If you show us a pic of the wheelset, we might be able to guess better, but i bet it's from a 29" quad complete....

If your quadangle is se blue or bronze under the plasti-dip, I would say that is your stock 2012 wheelset. If the tires are branded 'freedom', those are your stock 29" x 2.0" tires...why they are marked as 28s is a mystery to me :bigsmile:. The 52 x 622 marking is the etrto size...622 is the rim diameter in mm, which is used for 700c, 29er, and 28" European branding. 52 is the width in mm...just over 2". SE must have sourced the tire from europe, but the sales literature calls it a 29 x 2.0 :grin:.

Jason

Yeah this whole 28-inch thing as mystery but the wheel it's just that much smaller than the 29 inch from the 2016 models yes I won't forget it and try to squeeze them into something

And it's that bronze or brown metal flake that you're speaking of so looks like you're about right on. Thank you very much for all your help taking time out of your day to educate me

I agree; looks like the stock Quad 29 wheelset from the rootbeer-coloured 2012 quad 29 looptail. I think the 2013 had blue rims....

Back