SCREEN NAME MEANINGS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always built custom bikes and than cars umm and than bikes again for as long as i can remember. The one thing they all had in common was they were lowered I like the low slung look so the guys at work started saying i'm low for life which turned into low life (plus it makes ppl wonder when it's on a work shirt) depending on the site i also go buy white_trash_kustoms (my site) house_of_hack(use to be the name of my garage) on aim i'm draggenasstro (for the body dropped astro i had when i got aim) and also hotrodwagon for my b-body wagons i like to own. On myspace i goo by hostile honkey(another work thing) and last but and i think least wacky_wankel (for my passion and love of the rotary motor) depending on when in my life i signed up is what i signed up under (hard to remember sometimes) but low_life is quickest to type so i've been going with that for the most part.

my names pretty explainitory, bannana seat bikes are known as muscle bikes. Im a big fan of muscle bikes, "so there you go". :D

Raleigh boi

I chose mine because a raleigh is the first bike that i am ratting

I guess mine is self explanitory. Now how about some history.

Rat Rod grew up watching me mess with cars - mainly doing the mechanical stuff - rebuilding engines, swapping out transmissions, adding stuff to the motors to make them look cool or go faster, etc. At various times I owned a T-bucket, a Corvette convertible, a '65 Chevelle SS, a 40 Chevy coupe, a '47 Dodge pickup, an '84 Monte Carlo SS, and even a Triumph Spitfire. We had so many cars at one time that we held a car show at our house and had the kids from the local elementry school that Rat Rod's sister attended bused over to see the cars and watch some films of us racing at the local drag strip.

Once Rat Rod was old enough to be on his own he got into the car scene too - first buying my '84 Monte Carlo and then owning several Buicks - including a Grand National and a Turbo T. Talk about some quick cars.

He learned, though, that having kids and a stay at home wife took up more of his spending money than before, so that's when he exited the car scene and got into bikes. Still lots of fun to build and own, but much easier on the pocket book.

He started the forum and sent me postings occassionally to check out so I finally joined in and began messing with bikes again myself. Not any radical stuff like some of you guys are doing, but just putting my twist on the bikes I own - most times based on suggestions from Rat Rod or some of the other forum members. So it's been fun watching the forum grow and especially watching all of the brilliant ideas that you all come up with.

I used to drive my street rods to the Street Rod Nationals each year - where up to 15,000 other rodders got together to check out each others cars. The best thing about those events was walking around looking at that many cars and seeing all of the unique things people could think of to do to their cars - unusual paint jobs, custom wheels, off the wall interiors, some lowered, some raised, some loud, some almost stock, some radically modified, etc. Watching the posts on the bike build offs has been a similar experience for me. I look at the things some of you did on your bikes and just shake my head and say "Wow, what a great idea!".

It's been fun being a part of the group.

Doomonhue said:
Word play on doom on you. Later was told a Navy Seal named Richard Marcinko says doomonhue alot. Picked up one of his books. It explaines it means effff you in Vietnam. :shock: Of course I have not explained that part to my 10 year old.
.... Marcinko, a.k.a. Demo ...., a.k.a. Shark Man of the Delta...
when I was in the service (navy) we got an ammo shipment from Virginia and the box was stenciled, "Demo ....: Gone but not forgotten."

a lot of you guys know that in MTB racing, any rider over 200 LBS qualifies as a "clydesdale". well, at 265 in racing shape, I must be "Ultraclyde"

And nobody else ever uses it. Last time I checked, i was the only one on the web.

what can i say
got a ponytail
when i started hanging at the bar
the bartender started calling me ponytailmike
it's just kinda stuck

Culturevirus has no real meaning. I made it up years ago when I was heavy into the industrial music scene and thought it sounded appropriately gritty and obscure. I've kept it just to maintain continuity in my online life. In the real world I never use it and don't really have a nick except for one female friend who calls me Tiki Daddy which probably fits me better since I'm a big fan of polynesiana and atomic era stuff.

They....call.....me....dumpster_diver......

Here me and my shop!

S5000523.jpg

Chainsaw said:
The "13" that shows up on some of my screen names is because there is 13 years between Gigs and I, there was 13 years between my parents and Friday the 13th is usually the only 24 hours of Good day I have every year! Looking forward to this Friday! :mrgreen:

Chainsaw explained the 13 part already.

I started to play in tournament horseshoes here in Michigan.
When ever I am having a good time I giggle or to some laugh. In tournament horseshoes there are alot of older people that play. They believe that it should be all quiet.

The main guy that helped in the tournaments started calling me giggles. Everytime that I would be playing I would giggle weather I was doing good or not. The better I did The more I giggled.
When I was playing you could here some of the guys further down saying OHH giggles is here.
Everyone knew me as giggles and most couldn't remember Jim's name. When they would post the records they posted it with Dora and nobody knew who that was. So they changed it in the records book to Giggles Johson.

Since then I have used it in everything that I have done. Most people after about 5 minutes of talking with me say, "Yep that name does fit."

Sometimes I use the 13 before sometimes after. sometime not at all. Just depends on if the name is taken.

I always went by TotallyWayno (play on words since I'm half Mexican and my name is Wayne). But that was what I called my online Harley parts biz too.
62zqgqa.jpg

When I shut it down, I wanted to go by something shorter and not related to the parts biz (tired of answering questions about Harley parts).

So.... I'm from TX and they call me Wayno. Nuff said.

Love the stories that go with the names

It's cool to get the answer to the question, "What does THAT stand for?"

Mine's simple, and I started using it on Ebay about 6 years ago...

New London ConnecticuT VolksWagen guy...

Of course since I've used it, I've bought dozens of Stingray items, tons of Volvo parts, some electronics and games and gifts for people, but only a couple VW items in all that time.

Still, I'm one of the few people left around the area with a good running VW bus, or any aircooled cars for that matter- the rust eats em up around here.

For many years I went by myvwsgotme, chosen when I had an AOL account for many years, and they only allowed 10 letters in a screen name. I fit a whole sentence in there!

--Rob

The Lefty part will be quite apperent whenever I get to meet some of you guys(read Owosso in Aug.). Shhh don't tell anyone but my right arm is underdeveloped from nerve damage from a traumatic birthing incident(fellas gather the wives) I was 12lbs 8oz, 24" long with a chest circumference of 16" not including my shoulders because they had already dropped. Basically I came out as two month old toddler. LOL can anyone say "undiagnosed gestational diabetes" back in the 70's. That's the excuse for my size now, I started out this big haha.

As for the 801 part, I'm a bowler and my high series is an 801--256-267-278. Bowled that way back in 1994. The only really odd part about that was that I had never even bowled a 700 series and went straight to the 800's. I finally bowled my only 300 10 years later in '04, on my birthday, drunk as a skunk.

Lefty

Hhhmmm lets see....well
basicly I don't build choppers......
I don't build restos....
I don't ride road bikes w/ tights on in bright collors and hang at starbucks going ..click..click...click as I walk.........
chopper guys look and "thats not hand built"
resto guys " That is a incorrect fork for that frame "....
soo as a rat bike rodder builder we are the outsiders of the bike: custom building-restoring-racing ---World
before this site I was content on being an outsider and building the way I WANTED it to look :shock: 8) :mrgreen:
plus I like to think OUTSIDER the box ...[ie iff its a lowrider part how can I make it into a rat part..etc..etc

outsider13 said:
Hhhmmm lets see....well
I don't build restos....
I don't ride road bikes w/ tights on in bright collors and hang at starbucks going ..click..click...click as I walk.........
soo as a rat bike rodder builder we are the outsiders of the bike: custom building-restoring-racing ---World
before this site I was content on being an outsider and building the way I WANTED it to look :shock: 8) :mrgreen:
plus I like to think OUTSIDER the box ...[ie iff its a lowrider part how can I make it into a rat part..etc..etc

well said...

for some reason, the name outsider13 reminds me of punk rock... maybe it's something you've mentioned before?

october said:
outsider13 said:
Hhhmmm lets see....well
I don't build restos....

well said...

for some reason, the name outsider13 reminds me of punk rock... maybe it's something you've mentioned before?

YES when in high school people were listening to disco and corporate rock and surfing we were into Harley Davidsons, old cars, listening to Black flag, X ,sex pistols, GERMS, Exploited, GBH, DEAD Kennedys,DRI ,999 ,PLazmatics and hanging out on Sunset BLVD iff you can find a copy of the video or sound track..:The decline of Western Civilization:.,..the First one ..NOT the metal years
oh ya Ronnie Rayes was the lead singer of BLack Flag WAY Before that poetry guy Henry Rollins came along 8) 8)

Back