Scrambled Eggs - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cruised through your thread. Cool paint, love the top / bottom fade! Your saddle fab skills took the build up a notch. Those mags are eye catching for sure. I love muscle bikes, they have just such a fun vibe all the while being 'hot roddy' and vintage at the same time.

Just cruised through your thread. Cool paint, love the top / bottom fade! Your saddle fab skills took the build up a notch. Those mags are eye catching for sure. I love muscle bikes, they have just such a fun vibe all the while being 'hot roddy' and vintage at the same time.
Thanks Oddjob. This muscle bike will certainly be fun. My aim is to build bikes that excite and make people want to ride them when they look at them. This one is getting thtide.

Still short a chain before I can make it ride. Need to go through the stash and see what might be around.

Picked a 44 tooth sprocket at lunch. Same style as the original 36 tooth lowrider sprocket.
20231005_110641.jpg

Need to find a spacer for the crank to sprocket. Sits too flush to spin when tightened down

Don’t forget to secure the arm for the coaster brake on the left side .
What is the A shape on the inside of the rims opposite the valve stems ? Mounting point for reflectors maybe ?
Looking better every day ! Love the chain.

Don’t forget to secure the arm for the coaster brake on the left side .
What is the A shape on the inside of the rims opposite the valve stems ? Mounting point for reflectors maybe ?
Looking better every day ! Love the chain.
Yes, good catch, almost forgot the brake arm.

The triangles are for a mag wheel reflector that I have yet to locate. They may come from ebay at this point.

I picked up some cheap fender reflectors last year for Mom's bike. Like 10 for $5.

Used 4 of them today. Popped the reflector off the backs of two of them, drilled a hole
20231005_152758.jpg
through the center. Then some diagonal cutters
20231005_152805.jpg
to cut the lip where the triangle crosses them on the back side.
20231005_152821.jpg

20231005_152901.jpg

I like the yellow chain. I think one more small yellow accent would be nice. Maybe some yellow dice on the valve stems?
That's a pretty cool idea. May find some dice to hang from the mirror.

As for adding a.touch of yellow to the front. I do have grips.
20231006_105150.jpg

The yellow grips that were on it have turned gooey. I had the other set on a bike I retired a few months after I installed them.
20231006_101915.jpg

So, a bit dirty.
VideoCapture_20231006-105924.jpg

Some dish soap and a blue scrubby, and now less dirty.
20231006_110241.jpg

Installed they seem to help the color flow.

Nice work on the reflectors, that came out pretty good. The yellow accents all tie together nicely. Looks great overall! How is it to ride?
Thanks pondo

It's rides well. The seat padding is quite comfortable. Bars are the right spot

Good preload on ths spring. A bit of bounce but not too much. Bounce to bottom it out and can tap the pedals on the ground. Can pedal stand it on the edge of those pedals. Got that bent swinger snakish steering.

Gearing is ok, but want to go smaller on the back or bigger on the front.

Needs a rear hand brake for wheelie fun.

Want to find the platform/flat pedals. For a better pedal The ones I had picked were 9/16 and didn't fit the cranks.

Maybe add some spark to the pedals.

Picked the redline pedals off the zombie apocalypse challenge bike in the shed.
20231007_072248.jpg

20231007_072354.jpg

Cleaned up and added some red engine paint. Another coat and time to cure and they will be on it.
20231007_074056.jpg

Budget is still at $0. Out of flat black, picked the red off the shelf.

So far still almost a $0 out of pocket build. Frame, Parts, tires and components on hand before the buildoff or stolen from other bikes. Paint was purchased for other builds as well. Just the iridescent black light paint for $1.99 was bought.

I feel your pain ! Your bike has my vote !
Right now apes and mx/mtb bars are all I can ride. Any I have to grab are a hard no.

After getting the Dart moving and ready for the shoe last weekend at the AFB last weekend arthir has been very agitated.

Was a fun time.
20230930_092011.jpg

20230930_092022.jpg

Nice car, always loved those older Dodge cars. I have a 01 Mustang ragtop, really clean but I never show it. I do collect early hit and miss gas engines from the early 1900’s. I was supposed to show them this weekend, but I had to cancel that engagement for this year.

Nice car, always loved those older Dodge cars. I have a 01 Mustang ragtop, really clean but I never show it. I do collect early hit and miss gas engines from the early 1900’s. I was supposed to show them this weekend, but I had to cancel that engagement for this year.
The wife had a 5 speed 2000 mustang that we got for her birthday that year. Was a great car for 20 years. Ended up selling it in 2021 and she got a '14 6 speed challenger to replace it.

Latest posts

Back