Scored the proverbial!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was an early twenty first present from my missus, a Malvern Star Skidstar frame.

P1000652.jpg

These things are rad. Malvern Star are our homegrown Australian family bike type company, these are about equivalent to a Sting-Ray. Only less prolific.

P1000653.jpg
Lugged to kingdom come, track ends, skinny as heck, massive rake on the forks, room for 700cs. Did I say rad?

Here's a picture of an original Speedwell branded skidstar
1970gts3speed.jpg
Complete with shimano hydraulic brakes and sturmey lightset.

And here's a another, just 'cause.
1723708958_361393239a.jpg

I have to say I'm glad I got a hold of one sans accessories, otherwise I couldn't bring myself to do anything but a resto. This one has been suitably removed of everything but the frame, forks, cranks and some of the headset. So I'm free to do as I please. And I've got big ideas for this one.

Now I'm not going to drop the "F-bomb" but I'll certainly be stealing some of those hipsters' ideas. Stay tuned, I'll be sure to keep plenty of pics posted for this project.

Yeh well I've got a lowrider, a bobber, and boardtrack-esque cruiser, so i figured it was time to branch out. I got my frame colour picked out today, and I have most of the parts selected. I'm going to treat myself to some expensive parts on this build. Namely a set of orange velocity b43 rims.
pelzner

Back