Scored 2 stingrays today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked these up from a guy who had them sitting in his lawnmower shop, the fairlady is a 74, original seat is mint, everything looks original except for tires. The Boy's Stingray is a 77 and I almost certain everything is original, the bars are ugly but this is when BMX was booming. The seat is original, no tears or anything. You can't get any luckier than two perfect stingray seats. I just bought them because of the valve caps :)

bikes044-5.jpg

bikes045-7.jpg

bikes046-2.jpg

bikes047-3.jpg

That's the same tire that's on the boy's, how cool. Except mine is an original made in USA, a little dry rotted, but still usable. That'd be a nice tire to have in my parts pile though.

Those are scrambler bars. I don't believe they are original to your stingray. However, I've got a scrambler with a set of Stingray apes on it. You wanna trade bars?

I think you're right, I was looking at 77 ads and pictures and the stingrays had shorter type stingray apes. Do you have a pic of your bars, what does it say between the knurling?

DSCN0029-1.jpg

Here's my Scrambler. Or, I have the bars off this Junior that I think may be what you need. They're the shorter ones. A lot of surface rust, but they'll clean up nice.
DSCN0030-1.jpg

Back