Scored 2 Schwinns and a Huffy - Project Bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I can't bring myself to alter old bikes too much <YET!>, I went out scrounging today and bought some project stock. The yellow Schwinn is a '95 Anniversary Cruiser but I know nothing about diamond bikes, so I have no idea what year the blue one is. The Huffy is a Santa Fe and I bought it mainly because it had a cantilver frame I can chop on, and decent WWW's. The blue one has a popped tube and won't ride. The Huffy rides nice, but that yellow Schwinn rides great! I may have to build myself a big fat cruiser out if it. I only have $60 in the trio, so I had to jump on 'em. Here's some pics.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the quick response and info.

CCR, I bought the specifically for that headbadge (I thought it looked cool) the handgrips, the 3 speed hub. That badge is good shape, so I'm gonna continue to watch your auction! :wink:

Markm, thanks for the serial number decoder! That will come in handy!

Got out there this morning and showed the yellow one a little love and took it for a short ride. I took the seat all the way out. :wink: It cleaned up pretty well. Now its time to tear 'er down! :lol:

Picture002-8.jpg

Picture001-8.jpg

CCR said:
ratina said:
I have a may 63 Traveler with that badge

i may be a year off on my "window" but im pretty sure they were only 2/3 years they came out, mine came off a '61

I think your right, I was just throwing it out there. You never know with Schwinn anyways

Back