SCOOTER BUILD-OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some encouragement on the Build forum I decided to try and add a kick and go pedal but it is alot more complicated then I thought,heres where im at so far.......
buildoff28.jpg

Heres my attempt at a kick and go,It is still in a rough stage, I will shorten the post , weld and clean it all up but it works and should pull pretty good and be able to use either foot...
buildoff29.jpg
buildoff24.jpg
buildoff25.jpg
buildoff26.jpg
buildoff19.jpg
buildoff21.jpg
buildoff20.jpg

Thanks Skulldady ,Yours is looking great also!This has been racking my brain how to make the pedal hinge and not hang under the deck or need other wheels to guide it,I hope this works like it should....

Madness!!! Madness!!! :D
That thing is brilliant!!! Never seen that before, so now I need documentation to build and add one to mine... :D

I got my Forks today and that led to another MTB sacrafice,I had to get a 1 1/8 headtube ,neck and bars ...It should add to the strength and that wont hurt,since this is on the heavy side with all the added bells and whistles!Ill try and take alot of pics when I final fit everything...
scooter6.jpg
scooter5.jpg
scooter7.jpg

Oh Yeah I flipped the rear shock to give it a little more chain clearence!

Shame on me for building on Thanksgiving!I snuck out and finished up my pedal mount/arms while my Wife was preparing the Turkey.I shortened the mount post cut at 22 degrees and made a plate to box in the top,cleaned up the pedal arms,and drilled and tapped the post to make a pedal stop with a 1/4 allen bolt.Ive pretty much got the rear figured out except the brake,but ive got alot of welding ahead of me!Hopefully by the weekend I have the frame and head tube set and ready to weld up.Happy Thanksgiving everyone.....
scooter.jpg
scooter2-2.jpg

I got the swing arm mounts shaped also...
buildoff22.jpg

The Turkey is almost ready to carve so I guess im done for today,I got alot done though!Finished the pedal assembly,welded the gear,mounting post cap,and welded some washers in the pedal tube to make it solid to push on.....
buildoff24.jpg
buildoff25.jpg
buildoff26.jpg
buildoff28.jpg
buildoff29.jpg
buildoff27.jpg

That´s awesome building right there!
One question though... isn't it easier to kick the ground? :lol: :lol:

Shame on you to work on thanksgiving, with all those great NFL games on TV!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks Fellas @ Gdcast im sure kicking the ground would be fine but its a build off so I had to add the COOL factor.Belive me I thought long and hard about trying this but some coaxing from Yoothgeye,and Skulldady I figured I had the parts laying around so why not give it a shot....Now im just hoping to get it done before the deadline creeps up!Im going to build more this weekend Ill keep ya guys posted 8) :mrgreen:

BlackFriday I guess!!!! I went out to work abit and what do I find :x A MTB Frame I was using for parts fell off the bench in the middle of the night and put a hurtin on my Big Daddy Scooter,man this sucks!!I know I can hammer out the dents and repaint the fender and frame but I didnt want to!!!!All I can do is take it in stride and look forward..
crash.jpg
crash2.jpg
crash3.jpg

Recycledbikez2,Looking good,I can see that cruizn the car shows allready! 8) :mrgreen:

I got a little time today and got the frame cut to length with a step notch,made a support tube for the swingarm,and got a set of brakes that mount under the swingar! Hopefully tomorrow Ill be able to figure out the head tube so I can start melting it all together!!!Im thinking of raking the front up a couple inches but im not quite sure yet....Oh yeah I finally used a better camera :roll:
DSC00106.jpg
DSC00104.jpg
DSC00103.jpg

Back