Scooter build finished.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surgery went well.
20180113_010926.jpg

Doc says I can drive tomorrow and should be pushing this thing around just fine.

Hey bud, glad to hear the surgery went well, I had it done back in 2010. Be sure to do your PT and you’ll be fine. Digging this scoot, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bud, glad to hear the surgery went well, I had it done back in 2010. Be sure to do your PT and you’ll be fine. Digging this scoot, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.
Apparently the tear was a little worse than the doc saw on the scan, but I'm doing well.
Went back to work Tuesday, still can't twist side to side but I'm able to drive.... Which is good, because that's my living.

I do my PT twice daily, and see the therapist twice this week. I've already been on the bike, and that went well. But I'm told I won't be able to do squats for about 2 months, good thing I'm not a weight lifter.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide on wood or diamond plate for the deck. I'm leaning toward diamond plate still, but metal mesh has been an idea.

Thanks.
Apparently the tear was a little worse than the doc saw on the scan, but I'm doing well.
Went back to work Tuesday, still can't twist side to side but I'm able to drive.... Which is good, because that's my living.

I do my PT twice daily, and see the therapist twice this week. I've already been on the bike, and that went well. But I'm told I won't be able to do squats for about 2 months, good thing I'm not a weight lifter.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide on wood or diamond plate for the deck. I'm leaning toward diamond plate still, but metal mesh has been an idea.
A good solid mesh would be unique. Won't add much firmness if you need it, else [emoji106]

Plate would be cool, but can get heavy.

A good solid mesh would be unique. Won't add much firmness if you need it, else [emoji106]

Plate would be cool, but can get heavy.
Adding the two tubes on the side gives plenty of strength, I've ridden it a few times. All I need is a flat platform to put my foot on, it slides off the round tubing.

Looks like a "scoot" now! Very Stylish...The top of the footboard looks like it's about 6" from the ground. Don't be riding this with a bad knee!....Wait until you are healed before you go for a long "kick".

Looks like a "scoot" now! Very Stylish...The top of the footboard looks like it's about 6" from the ground. Don't be riding this with a bad knee!....Wait until you are healed before you go for a long "kick".
Thanks
It is 6 inches from the ground, a little higher than I wanted but it works. I actually don't have to bend my knees much to push it though.

My knee is healing well, I'm finished with PT except my daily exercises. I've gotten it back to 120° of rotation, I just can't twist it left and right very well. It makes getting in and out of the car tricky, but I'm getting by well.

Finally got time to work on this again. I made some brackets to mount the front fender.
20180207_131153.jpg

They aren't pretty, but you can't see them.
20180207_134603.jpg

Then I noticed the fender sits way to low in front.
20180207_134606.jpg

Fortunately the fenders are plastic, and my experience making bows with pvc I knew I could fix that with a heat gun.
20180207_135416.jpg

All I have left is brakes, bodywork and paint. I hope to have it finished by end of the month.
20180207_134557.jpg

Lookin' GOOD!

Brakes are on.
20180216_161201.jpg

I can't get them adjusted quite the way I want, but they do make it stop.
All my childhood bikes had the caliper type brakes, linear pull is new to me. But I'm thinking adjustment should be similar, but so far I'm not having much luck.

Will try again sunday, then I'll start bodywork.

20180216_161218.jpg

This one had gears...built by RRB member FatBoy in 2012

DANG!....yeah that's sweet...:39:...is that actually a drive mechanism with that pedal there? Struck out trying to find that build....7 pages in the 2012 BO

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back