schwinn wheel question.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this 1963 schwinn stingray and yes it is a real 1963 stingray. the forks were replaced in the mid to late 60s and i think the front rim was replaced as well. i can only find an nn on the rear rim but it does have a bendix hub. i know s-2 rims were on schwinn, i just don't know were to find it. and also do these bars look stock? and no that seat is not going to stay on it.

Usually S2 rims are stamped along the double knurling and say Schwinn Tubular S2. I'm not sure how a '63 rim should be marked. Your back rim has 36 spokes which is correct for a '63. That's a good sign. The bars look correct as to the angle but they look too short for original StingRay bars. Nice find. Those are scarce. Gary

thanks. so would i have to take the tire off to see if it had that? i haven't found that much info on this first year stingray.

No, you should be able to see it without removing the tire. It will be stamped on the rim along the line of the spoke holes. Gary

Back