SCHWINN TYPHOON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, that's a 1962, first year of that model, and the only year Typhoon to use the double straight bar frame. That style frame was also used on some later 61 Tornados, Skippers and Flying Stars. -Adam

I Like that straight bar frame ! Do you plan to put air in the tires and ride it, dust and all ?

Rustinkerer said:
Cool, that's a 1962, first year of that model, and the only year Typhoon to use the double straight bar frame. That style frame was also used on some later 61 Tornados, Skippers and Flying Stars. -Adam
Thanks for the info. Terry

BlueFlame said:
I Like that straight bar frame ! Do you plan to put air in the tires and ride it, dust and all ?
Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

It looks all there and original. I took a 64 American that looked like that and cleaned it up. The Schwinn paint and chrome was very good quality, you'll be amazed how good it will shine up. Be careful on the white lettering and trim ,it may rub off. I used soap and water on the black paint then waxed it with regular car wax.

The chrome looks gone on the rims and handlebars but it may be good under there.

Wildcat said:
It looks all there and original. I took a 64 American that looked like that and cleaned it up. The Schwinn paint and chrome was very good quality, you'll be amazed how good it will shine up. Be careful on the white lettering and trim ,it may rub off. I used soap and water on the black paint then waxed it with regular car wax.

The chrome looks gone on the rims and handlebars but it may be good under there.
Thanks for the tip. The rims are painted the handlebars are junk. Terry

Back