Schwinn straightbar stencils

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some of those a long time ago but I doubt it was the same guy. Mine worked fine for my '41DX.
Gary
ADX005-1.jpg

It works really well, while the bike is with ...

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

Just for fun, I did it on the same method ...

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

david,

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go ahead and order a set for my klunker build, see if they live up to the hype :)

They work great...I've used them a couple of times and the guy usually gives you several in case you mess up.

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

bc3.jpg

bc1.jpg

Excellent color choice! and nice bike Rod. I was thinking of doing these colors on my 51 spitfire but didn't have the patience for the scallops but with the masks......I think I will.

Thats who I used also. Worth every penny. Nice person to deal with also:

IMG_0520-1-1.jpg

Wow! I like the paint job on your black and white bike there, '41DX. And it's a '41 DX, of course. If I'm not mistaken you have a prewar fork bearing cup on the bottom and a postwar on top. You might try switching your fork cups and put and the postwar on the bottom so the one with the larger bearings is supporting the weight. Those #73 prewar bearings are just too wimpy to use on the bottom cup. I put postwar cups on the top and bottom of my '41DX. Gary

It always surprised me how many of the factory metal stencils have turned up for sale over the years. They must have had hundreds to keep up with production. Sadly they never came my way.

Back