Schwinn Spitfire (Thanks Dingo!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw an ad on Craigslist this morning for a 24' Schwinn Spitfire... $85. After Dingo talked me into getting it... I couldn't turn back! So I eyeballed it for awhile and called the dude up. My mom drove me to the guys house. Turned out the guy was super nice. He showed us his 1928 Studebaker rat rod... it was awesome! Anyways, I asked him if he'd take $80 for it and he said, "Dude, you can have it for $75." Hehe, that works too! The serial number says B78463... I don't know what year it is, I need your help, thanks. :) Anyways, here she is!

spitfire1.jpg

spitfire2.jpg

spitfire3.jpg

spitfire10.jpg

spitfire4.jpg

I thought this was unique.
spitfire5.jpg

spitfire6.jpg

You can barely read out "Spitfire".
spitfire7.jpg

Beautiful paint job.
spitfire8.jpg

Bendix hub!!! :mrgreen:
spitfire9.jpg

Tomorrow I clean! :D

Nice buy, looks like you got rewarded for not buying that Schwinn Predator

Very cool bike indeed.

You could probably clean that seat up and sell the seat on Ebay and make your money back.

Cool choice of apes as well.

Thanks guys. Yes, the serial number is on the left-rear dropout, thanks Mark! Due to the big apes, it looks like a 26 inch bike, but it's actually a 24. I'm leaving this one alone. :mrgreen:

That is the archetype ratrod. It's the perfect blend of old and old.

It could use maybe an old reflector on the rear fender.

haha yes, thanks! The other day I rode it to the racetrack and a bunch of girls said, "Cool ride!" Maybe I should ride this bike more often hehehehe.

lol yep, I seen a young dad with his son checking out my bike when it was parked, that's Cool. I occasionally get people flipping me off from time to time. With those big apes, I take up more space on the road lol.

Yeh Larry you should. I didn't put the apes/banana seat on, I bought it just the way it looks in the pictures. But it looks like a Stingray on steroids. :mrgreen:

Back