schwinn serial number problem HELP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lookup the serial number on the schwinn dx I bought it looks like the numbers fall in the year 1952 or 1954 or 1957 how do you know which year is actually the right one? its C24538 :?: :?

I would say its about late may/early june of '52 C24538 falls between these numbers. where is the number located?

C00001(may 1)-C99999(july2)

They are on the rear dropout. so i guess that means from 1952 to 1969. you would think they would let you get closer than that. it has skiptooth stuff if that makes a differance.

I suppose it must be a 57, I am not sure when they stopped with the skiptooth business though. I'm sure someone might chime in about this...

I dont know how late they make the dx frames but i would lean to the earlier date and I think if i saw the fork correctly it would be an earlier one at some time they went to the thinner forks that you see on most schwinns
and it has a skiptooth chain so that should be earlier too :)

Hey all yall I appreciate the help. Maybe some day I will be answering dumb questions instead of asking them. Hey crassly I thought it was funny when you saw the headbabge on the highawatha you sold me and said it was made by shelby. I thought the shel was something to do with dutch service stations. :lol: :lol:

Schwinn serial numbers went from under the crank housing to the left rear drop out on January 1, 1952. Sorry about the previous post - my shift key was stuck down on my keyboard!!

Back