schwinn serial number id

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't appear to be a complete number. Sometimes stamps are faint, sometimes they get lost in heavy paint. Make sure the fender stays aren't obscuring any additional numbers.

A very early frame might have the code under the bottom bracket so check there as well.

Happy to help with it if I can. A picture of the bike is always good too.

--Rob

Niftyirish said:
Trying to date a schwinn black phantom. Serial number on left rear drop out F 4050

Thanks for the response. The number is clear and doesn't appear to have anything behind the fender stays. I have pictures but I can't seem to be able to post them. I'll remove the fender stays and check again. I'll also try to post pics
George

If you're sure there's nothing before the F, it's probably late 52 with a digit missing, if it looks like there was a number in front of the F, maybe a late 57.

Hey,
Thanks for your help with my question. My grandson just called and found the paperwork when the bike was purchased. The serial number is F40504 which I think would make it Nov. 1952 if I'm reading the chart right.
Can you believe that? original paperwork including the Invoice, catalog, warranty etc.
I wanted one of these so bad when I was a kid. Now I have to see what I can do about cleaning it up. It's in pretty good shape. But I know I'm going to need a lot of help.
Any advice on how to do this?
Thanks again,
George

Latest posts

Back