Schwinn ratbob..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok these are the most resent pics of my 64 Schwinn. It's my first try at this so bear with me..
9933_1044403046101_1706370179_91426_5193112_n.jpg

9933_1044403086102_1706370179_91427_3783833_n.jpg

9933_1044403126103_1706370179_91428_385374_n.jpg

9933_1044403166104_1706370179_91429_3012796_n.jpg

Looks like he cut and welded in an additional 5 or 6 inches of tubing behind the bottom bracket and bent the whole rear section up. Looks great! 8)

blacksheep said:
Looks like he cut and welded in an additional 5 or 6 inches of tubing behind the bottom bracket and bent the whole rear section up. Looks great! 8)
We have a winner, that's what is done.. This was the first try and so far so good, I have some more ideas but I want to finish this one first...

Buck Masterson said:
That looks sweet! Where did you get the apes from?
The bars are made by Electra, I picked them up at a local bike shop... I think Electra has them on their web site..
I'm still not sold on the apes, feels great to ride, but I also had a set of flipped beach bars on it that made it look like a board tracker a bit..

I want to put some blake springer forks on it and change out the seat. At first I was having a problem deciding on fenders or no fenders, but I like the no fender look, all though a shorty fender on the rear might look good..

Thanks for the 411 on the Apes. My opinion would be to leave them on. That board track thing is way played out. I never understood why people would want to purposely flip their handlebars upside down. I always want to say, hey dude, you know your handlebars are upside down right?? The Apes look great with the bobber look.

Your bike is turning out well, I know how hard it is to keep things flowing right when you start adding sections to curved tubing. It has a real clean flowing look. Very nice! SDH

hillsmith said:
Your bike is turning out well, I know how hard it is to keep things flowing right when you start adding sections to curved tubing. It has a real clean flowing look. Very nice! SDH
Thanks, for the first attempt it came out way better than I had hoped.. When I cut the frame I thought some Schwinn purists were going to show up at my house and linch me or something.lol... :lol:

I only cut and welded in two places and sprayed them with rust inhibiter that turned the welds and pipe I used kinda black....
I liked the patina on the frame to much to paint it..

Thanks for the props, one of these days I will do something else with it, but I will just ride it for now.. I have some more ideas in my head and another frame so who knows what's going to happen next.. :D

Yeah a little shorty fender in the back would look cool.Real nice job on that.Ive seen too many guys just destroy stuff with they're non welding skills.Your bike has all the right curves.

Latest posts

Back