Schwinn Rat-phoon *UPDATE*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Schwinn Rat-phoon

Wow it's been a long time since I updated this thread! First of all Merry Christmas! Ive been so busy trying to tackle work, that god forsaken place they call highschool, building my '40 chevy, keeping up with photo/video shoots for my street bmx crew, playing with my rat bikes and maintaining my grades. Now I know why all you old guys always complain 8) Well this project got shelved due to lack of parts, no direction to go with the build and bitter frustration. Got rid of the S7 wheels, picked up a set of late 40's roadmaster wheels that needed a simple rebuild. Well I didn't listen to the old man that sold me them and threw them on. They were bad :lol: The bearings howled so bad, they had a nasty hop and the rear wheel slipped, alot. So got them all rebuilt and lookin excellent-e and that right there re-kindled the once roaring fire I had for this bike. But like I said, I lost direction in my build. i wanted to go with a fully fendered bagger, but my tastes rapidly started to change. I had picked up a '48 Roadmaster that is just gorgeous and rides like a dream, so that too contributed to this project being side-lined. Having the rear wheel on the ride-able roadmaster start to slip, that was pulled into the garage and then i needed something to ride to work everyday. Man those old rear wheels sure do like to slip-up on you :? Well I was really diggin' the old boardtrackers and that's where my tastes went. Guess where this bike went. Plain jane and simple, she's a rider. Still in the process of making a kicked back seat post so the seat sits about over the rear wheel, and have to finish my chain gaurd. My dad bought me an Inertia Stop light (for christmas) that was produced in the 50's that is in mint condition, so that may end up on here.
Sorry guys, the only picture I have of the bike right now is of me sitting on it in my kitchen. My mom surprised me with the camera, that's why it's blurry and why I don't look too thrilled, haha. More pictures to come, Promised!
me.jpg

Alright boys, got more pics but they're crummy cell phone pics. Tryin to sucker one of buddies (with a 900 dollar camera) To come snap me a few pics :lol: After he does, I'll post Beginning-During-End pictures for all to enjoy
lowesBAD.jpg

Sadly, the better of the two^
lowes.jpg

Hate that light!
More to come.
Later, RFC

dont go towards the light! :lol: looks good, and probably look even better with a proper camera. :wink:

stretch said:
dont go towards the light! :lol: looks good, and probably look even better with a proper camera. :wink:
Seeing as it's snowed like a mother here, the good pics will have to wait for a dryer day. Bummer, I know. Hopefully I can get them soon!

take them in your garage. just hang up a white sheet, and lay another sheet on the floor, and maybe another on one side, and you have a phoot shoot! :mrgreen:

stretch said:
take them in your garage. just hang up a white sheet, and lay another sheet on the floor, and maybe another on one side, and you have a phoot shoot! :mrgreen:
lol

the only problem i forsee is your girl walkin in and beating you and your friend with a bat for having a bike on the nice sheets. :lol:

Re: Schwinn Rat-phoon *PICTURE! UPDATE*

THE BIKE IS NOT DONE!!!!!!!

Alrighty, so I finally got some pictures. These don't do it justice...I took them in the Dark and it made the paint look disgusting and cheap. Hate that. a LOT better pictures will be posted up soon, and plenty of 'em! :wink: Pics dont give the bike the attitude it truly has, the stance and all. They made it look like a cheap-o. It's amazing how a picture can ruin a whole projects debut....

FinishedSchwinn001.jpg

FinishedSchwinn003.jpg

FinishedSchwinn006.jpg

Later, RFC

Back