Schwinn Racer and Le Tour (I think)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some work for my neighbor and I wouldn't take any money, so he says "You're into old bikes, right?"

This one I think is a Le Tour, but I'm not certain. It's very tall and very light.

100_0007.jpg

100_0008.jpg

This one is a Racer...I can tell 'cause it says so on the chainguard. :D

100_0003.jpg

100_0005-1.jpg

100_0006-1.jpg

The road bike has a small decal on the seat tube that says 4130 chromoly, and all of the parts look pretty nice so I'm guessing it's a Le Tour, but I don't know for sure and he didn't remember. If any of ya'll know for sure what it is please let me know.
The more important question is- do ya'll think I have enough time to build up the Racer for RRBO3 ? :D

bmxerpete said:
The more important question is- do ya'll think I have enough time to build up the Racer for RRBO3 ? :D
I say yes....and if not...is it for sale??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Funny how many Racers were single speed coasters... Hardly racing material! Super cool bikes nonetheless! I have a '68 3 speed.~Adam

Adam- That is so true...most of the ones I've seen have been single speed coasters.

Mark- I'd really like to build this one up for RRBBO3, but man I could use some money now...I need to build a new race bike for next season. Lemme think about it.

Rustinkerer said:
Funny how many Racers were single speed coasters...

ehh, they had to call them something. if i was a macho guy id rather say " i just bought a new Racer or Typhoon" than "I just bought a new Breeze or Hollywood" .... if :mrgreen:

Back