Schwinn Panther 2012

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen the new 2012 Schwinn Panther, or better yet does anyone have one. i have been thinking about buying one, and was just wondering if anyone tried one out.

I saw a couple last weekend at an area bike shop....a very good looking bike but if I recall, the price tag was around $680. :shock:

I like the built in beer holder but the price seems a little steep. For that price I'd buy a nice Felt.

well i have been riding around the city alot more, so i have been looking for something with multiple gears, and better brakes. don't get me wrong, the 59 Schwinn does pretty good, just not great with hills :lol: :lol: . i also like the super deluxe Schwinn just put out with the springer, but not for 660.

I cant justify paying that much for a cruiser.

440 is a ridiculous price for that pos. It probably has a tourney gear set. At least put a nexus 3 or 7 on it for that price. I could only justify paying like 150 for something like that if even.

I've had one now for nearly a month. Nice bike to ride, and the gears do help on hills. Unlike a lot of the cruisers out there this bike can be ridden on surfaces other than dead flat tarmac.

Quality does leave a bit to be desired though, things like the chainguard are very flimsy, and the brackets on the fenders have been screwed on crooked. Small things, but you expect better on a bike costing over $500 (in Australia).

I would recommend one though. My other choice was an Electra Straight 8, but these things are almost $1000 in Oz, and less rideable than the Panther.

Personally, I don't think they should have tarnished the Panther name on that bike, I think it should be more retro looking then it is, the lines just aren't styled enough. As with all the china schwinn bikes, quality is just not gonna be there. Only reason I would buy one of those bikes is to rob parts off of it and it costs to much to do that to.

Back