schwinn muscle bike value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This belongs to a co-worker, he said he got it new when he was a kid. He's wanting to sell it, and I want to make him a fair offer. Just not sure what a fair offer would be. I know its missing a few things and I think the front rim has been changed out. thanks

looks to be a fastback even though it is missing some parts it does have some nice parts on it.
that stickshifter and the rear slick are a good find and there is not a lot of rust on what is there.
I do not know if it is worth what I would offer but I would offer around 200 just because I see these fastbacks going for about 600 in complete condition.
but that's my opinion good luck with the bike it has potentioal to be a sweet bike.
sean

I never make an offer to a friend. If the friend is selling something, I just ask what they want for it. I either say too much for what I want to do with it or I say ok I will take it. That way I still have a friend. Both of us will never have any hard feelings. Friends are hard to find. Bikes will never compare to the value of having a friend.

Thats why I asking you guys. He's not a bike guy and he has no idea what its worth, and I don't want to rip him off. I want to make sure we both get a good deal.

It looks like a 1968 Fastback, it would say it (if the chain guard were there) missing some parts that will cost you when you find them. I agree with burrkrayecycles, I would try to pay $200 you'd both be doing OK. I have 3 of them.

Last edited:
I Think that's a '67 (turned down bars + smooth shifter). Nice chain guard will run $75-$100. Need front rim + brake too. Agree with $200 being an OK price.

I'd probably change the seat too. $100-$135

Back