Schwinn middle weight fender question?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will Schwinn middle weight front fenders made for handbrakes work for non-hand brake models......I found a great pair but are for handbrake and I am restoring a coaster brake only model.

My middleweight Schwinn Typhoon's forks don't have the hole for the front brake, where that fender would also attach, it has a screw under the crown to mount the fender. If your fender has the bracket for mounting with a brake, you might be able to remove it and use the hole(s) left to attach it by a screw, if those forks have a threaded mounting spot under the crown.

I'm still looking for a pair of fenders for my 26" Typhoon.

i have two schwinn middie settig right here beside my desk.
one has front brake, the other not;
the fender looks the same on both.
the ballooner schwinns have a set-in
place on either side where the fork goes.

I thought the forks were different......the handbrake model has a hole to mount the caliper in position and the coaster brake model has a bolt under the head tube to mount the fender? Can you double check?

both are coaster brake in rear. & yes the fork on the one with a front caliper brake has a hole in fork crown
for the brake.they both have a screw on the underside of
the steer tube.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but is the hole under the crown threaded. If so, what size?

Thxcuz said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread but is the hole under the crown threaded. If so, what size?
Yes, but don't remember the size! 10-24 I believe.

Latest posts

Back