Schwinn Meridian advice needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m building an electric meridian, and plan for seat/handlebar/basket mods

I want to do new wheels on the rear though, as I found this trike abandoned and the rear wheels need replaced. Is there any options to modify that rear axle to fit some type of just free floating wheels? I won’t be needing any chain drive back there, nor rear brakes.

I’m building an electric meridian, and plan for seat/handlebar/basket mods like yours.

I want to do new wheels on the rear though, as I found this trike abandoned and the rear wheels need replaced. Is there any options to modify that rear axle to fit some type of just free floating wheels? I won’t be needing any chain drive back there, nor rear brakes.
so you will not be able to buy replacement wheels for this anywhere. These wheels have special hubs that only fit this model of this bike. You will have to rebuild the wheels with straight rims on the existing hubs. The one wheel is already free, floating or free wheeling. To make the other wheel free wheeling. All you have to do is disconnect the drive chain. I assume you're putting a front wheel drive motor on this.

so you will not be able to buy replacement wheels for this anywhere. These wheels have special hubs that only fit this model of this bike. You will have to rebuild the wheels with straight rims on the existing hubs. The one wheel is already free, floating or free wheeling. To make the other wheel free wheeling. All you have to do is disconnect the drive chain. I assume you're putting a front wheel drive motor on this.
I actually found a pair of 24” trike wheels, one drive wheel and one free wheel on Amazon with tires for $70 a piece, I’m hoping it ends up working.

I also respoked the original hubs onto some decent rims if those brand new ones don’t work out.

Knocked out the 4 bearings for the rear axle and ordered new ones. Only thing left after these couple times it figuring out the brakes

Latest posts

Back