Schwinn "Liner" update 6-24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: #2 (frame and name change)

Looking cool Hooch...still thinking bout RAGBRAI this year sioux city as a kick off could be fun

I got my buddy Trent to machine a spacer to mount the rear bottom bracket in the dropouts
MDUtMTctMTA5NTIyMDAuanBn.jpg

Thanks Gerry
hopefully tomorrow night I will have the frame attachment finished then strip it down and get the main part of the bike done then its time for the cargo setup :)
SU1HMDE3NTAuanBn.jpg

couldn't ya just use 1/2 a derailer or a zipline type pulley on a spring (with derailer sprocket) to deal with chain tension issues.)
a springer rear end like that would be off the hook!

i can see alot more of this style of bike surfacing on the site. i love em. too cool.

icyuod2 said:
couldn't ya just use 1/2 a derailer or a zipline type pulley on a spring (with derailer sprocket) to deal with chain tension issues.)
a springer rear end like that would be off the hook!

i can see alot more of this style of bike surfacing on the site. i love em. too cool.
yea I probably could but I want to run a coaster brake and this will be hauling alot of stuff maybe a future build :)

Hooch said:
I got my buddy Trent to machine a spacer to mount the rear bottom bracket in the dropouts
MDUtMTctMTA5NTIyMDAuanBn.jpg
Nice! I'd like to have a pair of those for the frame jig I have planned...

Re: Schwinn "Liner"

early chainguard that might get used
DSCN1994.jpg

rear portion of the frames joint
DSCN1996.jpg

the front joint will be held on thru the seat post clamp
DSCN1995.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

rutrow design change time!!! More to come soon!

DSCN1998.jpg

Cool! How did you bend that tight radius for the seat mount? :shock:

bikeriderx said:

looks like it was wrapped around a steel pole or trailor hitch??? am i close?

the liner looks fantastic! love the seat mount.

bikeriderx said:
actually it was a piece of 1/2" solid that was already bent like that thats laid around his shops for years.
It will be welded to 2 seatpost clamps so the seat can be slid forward and back on the top tube

Hooch said:
bikeriderx said:
actually it was a piece of 1/2" solid that was already bent like that thats laid around his shops for years.
It will be welded to 2 seatpost clamps so the seat can be slid forward and back on the top tube
You 'da Man! :mrgreen:

no way this build is totally legal you have added to the original frame which as long as the original structure is not modified then you can do whatever you want. sorta like last year when someone entered a folding bike because you could take it apart and make whatever for the center section it sort of skirted the rules. but what you are building here is straight up cool and legal beagle in my book

Latest posts

Back