Schwinn Lasalle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A guy calls me on a old vintage lawn mower I have on CL and says he has a Lasalle bicycle and wants to know if I'm interested in a partial trade, well I woundn't be on this forum if I wasn't interested in getting rid of an old Lawnmower and getting another old bicycle. Besides I bought the lawnmower because it had a round gas tank and it was going to be used as the fuel source for a rat rod motorized bicycle.
Well any ways it ends up a girls bike but it does have a brass headbadge and it's black and It does have some other cool features like a really sweet seat , oh ya the AS&CO chain ring. 8)
What year do you guys think it is??
I think its a 48
It has black fenders and a bolt on kickstand, serial # is on the bottom bracket and all the above mentioned goodys. Oh ya it has 26x175 tires.

This would be from the New World line of bicycles. Very nice! It looks like you've got the telephone dial freewheel in back with the dual handbrakes. I have one set up like this but my calipers and levers aren't original. Then the desirable AS&CO 3-piece crank. From the serial, I'd put it at either a 1940 or '41. Cheers!

I too originally thought a pre war from the serial and the bolt on kick stand, I put the # into a schwinn data base and it came back 48 but the data base can't backup the pre 48 #'s.
Any body out there know if the lightweights had weld on kick stands in 46 also??
That might help pin point the age of this one.

Back