Schwinn Ladies Bike Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't really have any idea what model or year this schwinn is but I like it compared to most ladies bikes. I think it's a spitfire anywhere from 50's-60's. My girlfriend wanted one of those cheap beach cruiser bikes from wal-mart but I told her I would build her a real bike if she wanted one.
So far I've just stripped the paint and started collecting parts. The plans are to paint it the original style but in a light blue. I'll start taking better pictures now that I've got a build thread going, but for now here is what I have.

After I stripped the paint I took it to the car wash and sprayed it down along with a few other future projects

The plan is to have this thing done by christmas for her, but I only have about 10 days to actually build it. I'll probably start posting updates almost everyday until I have to go back to school for finals.

Well it's hanging up and ready for paint, looks like I may have a long night ahead of me.
u7y6y8yz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't get to do any work on it yesterday, but it's all primed up now and ready for some sanding.
usy2ete5.jpg

Making some progress, the stripes may be a little off in terms of placement,but I'm still happy with how they came out.

u2ygy3yb.jpg

Well after I had a little issue with the ivory color on the frame last night I had to walk away from the bike for the night. This morning I got up early and got to work sanding and respraying the ivory. After all that work I'm finally ready for some clear!
da4e8una.jpg

The wings aren't perfect either I know, but I honestly couldn't be happier with how they came out.
epeta5es.jpg

Well I got this thing put together on time and delivered on christmas morning, but I don't have any good pictures. I had a bunch, but had to delete them so my girlfriend wouldn't see the completed bike before christmas. Here's one to get an idea of how it all came out.

It looks tiny in the picture for some reason, but trust me it's a 26" bike.

Back