Schwinn Heavy Duty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was down at my dads house visiting rat rod ,who was in from Big D for the weekend. My brother (Rat Rod Dad) called and said a guy just listed some schwinns on c/l. I shot home and called the guy and got directions to his house , The rest is history. This is a heavy duty Schwinn....stainless fenders ...huge spokes..diamond plate chain ring . In not too bad shape, for the amazingly low price of $20. He wanted $25 but didnt have change. Not to mention the fact he sold me a set of wheels with alloy rims and a nexus 4 speed for another $20. one heck of a day. They tell me not to put what you paid . :roll: :lol: 8)

heavy.jpg

lol do you guys arm wrestle for computer time at family reunions now? hehehe
great find and I have never seen a heavy duti like that it must actually be a pretty new bike with the eyelet wheels and stuff

Hooch said:
lol do you guys arm wrestle for computer time at family reunions now? hehehe
great find and I have never seen a heavy duti like that it must actually be a pretty new bike with the eyelet wheels and stuff
he said there were several ordered that had them and they were suppose to go overseas. its just on the front ,steve and I were thinking for the added weight because it use to have a big basket to carry parts and stuff. Oh yeah he gave me the basket too. he throws them away.

Yeah...this is a very cool bike and and even more awesome price.

With my Dad and Uncle online these days....nobody stands a chance at getting any deals off the CL in the Houston area....ha ha!

Now, if I could just figure out a way to talk Uncle Stretch out of an old Schwinn he had hangin' in his workshop. :roll:

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...this is a very cool bike and and even more awesome price.

With my Dad and Uncle online these days....nobody stands a chance at getting any deals off the CL in the Houston area....ha ha!

Now, if I could just figure out a way to talk Uncle Stretch out of an old Schwinn he had hangin' in his workshop. :roll:
Sorry we cant talk about that bike on this site. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

id guess an early 2000ish bike from the chain guard and lettering as far as the year, and the diamond frame is for heavy duty's only i believe.

Man, what a beefy looking bike!
I love it!
I wasn't aware bikes like these were offered that recently.
There's much to learn.
I like that back fender.

Nice score!

Back