Schwinn Heavy Duti Ratrod Style

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Europe and love the bikes on this forum, i didnt yet dare to buy an old frame from the USA because i was afraid it might be difficult to find parts especially unusual bearing sizes etc. over here. So finally i chose this new Schwinn Heavy Duti Frame and gave it a makeover. I think it turned out better than i had hoped it would be.

SchwinnHDWeb1024.jpg

Would have liked to enter it in the build challenge but it is already built and i dont have any making of pictures and it was also not cheap, because after searching ebay in vain for a used bike for several weeks i finally bought a new Schwinn Heavy Duti and also had to buy all parts new.

That handle bar position of course looks cool as heck, might have made sense for a racing motorbike 100 years ago but is not very comfortable to ride a bicycle like this. So i am afraid after this inital picture for the forum i might change to a different handelbar and maybe even add some fancy high tech stuff like a front wheel brake and hub dynamo.

Cool :D

i think you did great for you're fist American bike built love those fat frank's :wink: , keep up the great work :!:

I think you hit it perfectly....looks great :mrgreen:

Yep... That's a rad bike. Love those Heavy Duti frames.

Yeah that thing is Bomber ! i like it...nice work ! 8)

Back