Schwinn Fleet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the guy at my LBS sold me this today for 25 bucks. I don't think I'm gonna do a thing to it except find the Fleet lettering on the guard under the brushed-on paint and then ride it...

fleet01.jpg

fleet02.jpg

--rick

good point. tape does not make a good repair material for pedals. i'll rob a decent pair off another bike.

by the way, the left rear dropout is stamped F368379. what does that mean? (better yet, where's a good page/resource to decode it?)

thnx...

--rick

Sweet find! Just like the one I picked up a couple of weeks ago.Next time your at your LBS see if he has any Fleet tanks laying around! :wink:
L8 EM

ParkRNDL said:
good point. tape does not make a good repair material for pedals. i'll rob a decent pair off another bike.

by the way, the left rear dropout is stamped F368379. what does that mean? (better yet, where's a good page/resource to decode it?)

thnx...

--rick

Rick:
F3xxxxxx is a June 1963 stamped frame for Schwinn. First letter is the month and number is the ending year. In 1965 they switched to two letters with the second letter in '65 being A and moving up a letter each year after that.

thanks all. i'll poke around and check date codes now that i know where to look.

TheDuke said:
Sweet find! Just like the one I picked up a couple of weeks ago.Next time your at your LBS see if he has any Fleet tanks laying around! :wink:
L8 EM

I'll check. It's like a forbidden cave back there... this huge dimly lit warehouse-type room with complete bikes all along one side and piles of stuff just hanging and laying around. A good bit of it is recent department store junk, but if you know what you're looking for and have the patience to look... I'm pretty sure I saw a Schwinn springer fork sitting on a shelf, and there's at least 2 tandems back there and I'm pretty sure one is a Schwinn, and then there was this OLLLLD black diamond-frame bike with a Sturmey shifter, and then a matching his'n'hers pair of '70s looking Huffy 3-speeds... Funny thing is he knows what the stuff could be worth; I once had a big conversation with him about how nuts the vintage Sting Ray market is. I even told him (before I decided to go back and buy it) he should put this thing on Fleabay--he just kinda shrugged...

--rick

I think I need to make another trip down to south PA. again! lol

ok, so it's finally just barely warm enough for me to drag this thing out and ride it around...

fleetride01a.JPG

fleetride02a.JPG

i had to talk my 11-year-old daughter into taking a couple of pics for me. she thinks that I'm a HUGE nerd and that I have a Pee-Wee Herman bike.

(by the way, I noticed the reflector in the front wheel AFTER the pics... it was bugging me so bad I had to take it off immediately...)

after the kids went to bed tonight, I put a Schwinn "S" headlight in the front fender where it belongs... rusty and old to match the bike. Thanks Lisa at Memory Lane... :mrgreen:

--rick

Rick: It looks like your getting ready to pop a wheelie. Did you steal my black skate shoes? LOL....

A HUGE "happy" nerd! :lol:

@ SuperStuff: funny you should mention that. I just got a pair of Vans slip-ons today and my kids swear they won't be seen with me in public if I wear them. :roll: Seriously, though, I LOVE Vans... they fit me better than any other sneakers I've found because they're wide, and they last FOREVER. The ones I'm wearing in the pic are my 4th pair, but I still wear the first pair I got to mow the lawn and stuff...

@ Ahab: that little '57 has been beat on by my 3 boys, ages 9, 5, and 3. The 3-year-old is still trying to kill it, but it looks like it just might hang in there till we teach him to ride a 2-wheeler...

--rick

ParkRNDL said:
@ SuperStuff: funny you should mention that. I just got a pair of Vans slip-ons today and my kids swear they won't be seen with me in public if I wear them. :roll: Seriously, though, I LOVE Vans... they fit me better than any other sneakers I've found because they're wide, and they last FOREVER. The ones I'm wearing in the pic are my 4th pair, but I still wear the first pair I got to mow the lawn and stuff...

@ Ahab: that little '57 has been beat on by my 3 boys, ages 9, 5, and 3. The 3-year-old is still trying to kill it, but it looks like it just might hang in there till we teach him to ride a 2-wheeler...

--rick
Three boys?! Man you have your hands full.. Sweet riding pics..

nice ride that what this one used to look like before I changed it........... I was told it's a 64 schwinn amercian deluxe...

oldskool13.

1graybike-1.jpg

I think in his mind he's saying, wee Im 12 again... :roll:

Back